Chapter 26

"It doesn't hurt?"

"No."

"Is it hot?"

"Only when I use it."

"But does it burn?"

"No. It feels cool the entire time."

"Does it vibrate?"

"Akiya."

"Sorry." Akiya grinned victoriously as she walked beside Camelia while holding and examining her new arm. The blue dragon rolled her eyes with a gentle smile.

"You're such a child."

"Why'd you marry a child? Isn't that illegal in any world?" Akiya asked.

"Probably." Camelia smiled. "I dunno, you were clearly lying about your age and it's too late now."

"I'm probably older than you." Akiya grinned.

"Why are you proud of that? If anything it shows off how immature and childish you are even more."

"Cuz you fell for me regardless of my immaturity."

"Our kids are going to be a nightmare."

"Right..."

"Are you sure we're going the right way Medusa?" Camelia shouted, ignoring her lover.

"I am." Medusa answered. "Hopefully we won't get any more Arachne interruptions."

"Speaking of, Mari, did you manage to contact Kai and Mikky?" Nokiya asked.

"I did. But there's little they're able to do. Apparently Medea created a barrier they're having difficulty breaking through.." Mari explained. "They aren't exactly holding back."

"Maybe we should pick up the pace?" Ariadne offered.

"We're making good pace. If you race up there and are out of breath that's not exactly going to help anyone." Medusa narrowed her eyes.

"We have plenty of stamina." Akiya grinned.

Nokiya reached over her shoulder and gripped Draconian's hilt. It felt good to have her trusted blade back with her and she was sure the Sword didn't feel too good about being used to attack her friends. Though she was grateful that she didn't.

Mari went to continue the conversation before freezing and pushing Medusa out of the way as an arrow slammed into the ground where she was standing. Both drew their bows and quickly fired back into the scaffolding above them.

They had made their way down a large hallway after leaving the entrace room where Arachne attacked them. The hallway seemed almost endless, and seemed to be travelling upwards in a spiral fasion with some side doors every so often. Above them were wooden supports seeming to hold the ceiling together.

A lamia swung from under one of those supports, it's tail wrapped tightly around the wooden beam as it hung down and fired another arrow of it's own towards them. Mari and Medusa dove in different directions before firing more arrows upwards. Akiya pulled Camelia's arm, holding onto her hand and Camelia quickly transformed into a shield.

Akiya raised the shield to block a few more arrows before realizing that the metal on her shield seemed different. More shiny like Eydra's wings or Camelia's arm. She also noticed that the edges of the shield gave off the same blue energy as Eydra's wings with the center of the shield glowing with the same color. The hilt of her sword was also sticking out of one of the sides of the shield which Akiya drew curiously as she examined the blade as it also shared a visual upgrade. The entire blade was completely white hot and glowed with the blue flame-like magic.