Chapter 29

Camelia watched as several dragons and humans had now moved towards the broken spire and were beginning to sift through the rubble. She watched as Nyx spoke with a few of them, instructing them to pile specific things for her to take later.

Akiya stepped up to her and gently took her hand. "Worried about something?" She questioned.

"I'm worried these people might not keep our promise." Camelia answered.

"Your worried they'll find the cave downward?"

"I know these are all friends of Akeno and your parents, simply following orders, but I can't help but worry." Camelia shrugged. "The last thing we need is people falling into the underground only to reveal the Dwarves."

"I believe Artemis is blocking the stairway down with the earth to prevent them from being able to get there." Akiya shrugged. "I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once they finish the clean up, she's going to completely collapse the tunnel so nothing will ever be able to make it down there again."

"It's sad though. I would have liked to visit them again." Camelia frowned.

"I'm sure we'll be able to do so again. We can always go back to that first tunnel we fell into, though I'm not looking forward to drowning again." Akiya chuckled.

"I don't think my shoulder would appreciate doing so again either." Camelia returned her gentle laugh.

Akiya pulled Camelia's mechanical arm to her face before gently placing her lips to it's metallic surface. "Do you still feel useless?"

"No. I'm okay." Camelia answered. "And I can still feel it, so it doesn't bother me. I figured even if I was to grow back this limb it wouldn't feel like me. But this feels like it's always been there."

"It's a part of you. One you might have to get used to. But it's you." Akiya offered.

"There are still things we have to talk about." The blue dragon confessed, her gaze lowering to their intertwined hands as if she was waiting for her to pull away. Instead Akiya held onto Camelia and her lips curled into her signature playful smile.

"And I look forward to talking with you. About everything. But for now, we can simply enjoy our victory." Akiya grinned.

"What did you have in mind?" Camelia raised an eyebrow.

Akiya glanced towards where her twin was rummaging through some of the rubble with Ariadne and a few other dragons. They would occasionally stand up and flip through a book before tossing it into Nyx's slowly building pile. Akeno, Mikky and Kai were speaking with Ran and Mari, though their conversation couldn't be heard.

"I was thinking about leaving."

"Without telling anyone?" Camelia asked.

"Of course not." Akiya chuckled. "If we're going to leave, I'm going to tell her. I just, I was thinking about leaving." She shrugged.

"Where would you want to go?" Camelia questioned with a shrug.

"I don't know yet." Akiya admitted. "Did you have any ideas?"

Camelia chuckled a bit. "I wish I could take you to Vaporous with me."

"Ah yes, I have a distinct lack of being able to breathe underwater." Akiya gently nudged her shoulder.

"If only you could."

"You know, you could always invite your parents over to our house?"

Camelia smiled softly looking up at Akiya who was watching her with her signature grin. "That's my fear. What my parents are going to do or say to you."