Chapter 2

The dragons gathered around the middle of the dinning table with a few servants bringing out more plates of food as everyone devoured their meals while laughing and joking with each other. The Golden palace walls were almost entirely covered in large tapastries showing off the Alvar family crest. A green dragon's head overlooking a large yellow dragon's eye with it's wings opened behind it. It's paws wrapped around a sword that speared through the eye with a green tail curled beneath it.

Akiya and Jurgen chugged mugs of mead, laughter echoing around them as the young man slammed his mug down first getting Akiya to grumble in annoyance.

Camelia picked at her food slowly, watching her wife with a bit of amusment while Ariadne flipped through a book, pointing out a few pages to Nokiya who was peeking over her shoulder. Mari was watching her brother and sister now argue over him cheating and clearly not filling his glass the whole way.

Vultorus's booming laughter echoed throughout the room as he entered into the dinning area, taking his seat near the end of the table. "I see you've quickly fallen back into your usual antics here." Vultorus laughed.

"It's easy to get back into kicking my brother's ass." Akiya scoffed.

"What do you mean? I just-"

"Jurgen, I swear to god I will climb over this table and shove my boot so far up your ass-"

"Fair enough." Jurgen cringed a bit, clearly realizing that Akiya meant it in a physical way.

"So what are your plans then, now that you don't have anything more to do with the Nightshade's?" Vultorus asked.

"Well, I was thinking about travelling around Exodious." Akiya retorted, leaning back in her chair.

"You don't want to go to that human world school?" Mari questioned.

"I'm never going back to the human world." Akiya scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm glad it's doing well and everyone's enjoying it, but I don't want to go back."

"Especially since we can't use magic to travel back and forth." Camelia shrugged. "It was a nice trip, but that's all it was."

Mari went to speak but then paused, her eye color dulling to a faded white before returning to normal. She shook her head and Artemis leaned over from her seat next to her to whisper in her ear. Apollo was sitting next to his sister digging in happily, almost completely ignoring the conversation as he ate.

Mari smiled softly, gently touching Artemis's hand as a silent thank you to her before looking back at her sister. The Sword sat up again and picked at her food, still watching Mari cautiously out of the corner of her eyes.

"What did you see?" Akiya asked, sitting up to look at her little sister while Nokiya and Ariadne looked up to make sure everyone was okay.

There was a small clattering of dishes and utensils from beside Nokiya who glanced over at their youngest sibling who had set his fork down to look at Mari curiously. Like he knew it was very important to listen when Mari had a vision of some kind. Nokiya placed a gentle hand on top of his head before looking back at Mari.

"Akeno just arrived in the palace." Mari confessed. "She looks a little distressed. Something may be wrong with the school."

"So she's asking us to take care of it?" Akiya raised an eyebrow. "Is everything alright?"

"We are capable you know." Nokiya rolled her eyes.

"Well, obviously. I'm just saying, Akeno doesn't really come looking for trouble. So should we be worried?"

"I don't know. She seemed worried." Mari shrugged as Akeno entered the room with Chandra. The two were talking, and both of them looked a little upset as they made their way towards the table.