Chapter 30

Akiya and Camelia made their way through the beautiful blue cityscape. The structures were covered in oceanic plant life that clung to everything like the underside of a boat. The lamp posts looked like translucent sea shells, and it honestly made Akiya wonder if movie directors had ever been here before.

"I guess we still have the element of surprise?" Akiya asked.

"The tide will only be pulled back for a week or so." Camelia shrugged. "I guess we just have really good timing."

"Is that why everyone looks like humans?" Akiya asked, glancing around at the people wearing what could only be described as typical beach clothing. It was mostly swimsuits and floral t-shirts. Some of them were even made of actual clothing, while most looked like pieces scraped off the bottom of the ocean. One woman even had starfish in place of a bra.

"A lot of the dragons here aren't designed for land travel. Since they're above water for a week, its easier for them to use legs." Camelia answered. "So thankfully we fit in."

"I think we're wearing more clothes than most of these people combined my love." Akiya chuckled, waving to several people who were smiling at them. Many people bowed respectively, though Akiya didn't know if they were recognizing her or Camelia.

"Don't pay them any mind. The more you distract me, the less I'm going to want to do this." Camelia confessed.

They made their way through the city, following familiar streets before Camelia led them to a rather large sized house seated just under a rocky overhang. The house itself seemed to be built into the rock itself, like it was a support of it's own.

"You know, I was going to ask if you were sure you wanted to do this, but you're clearly struggling to make up your mind still so instead I'm just going to say everything is going to be okay." Akiya noted, her hand on Camelia's shoulder.

The blue dragon stared at the light green stone door. They were standing just outside a beautiful house designed like something out of The Little Mermaid. The stone building was tinged with light blues and greens, a few barnacles were stuck to the surfaces like it had been submerged for a long period of time.  There were beautiful spirals carved into the stone, modeled after sea shells.

Camelia took a deep breath, took Akiya's hand in her left hand, and gently brought her knuckles of her right hand up to the door. She hesitated for a moment before Akiya gave her hand a gentle squeeze, and she knocked on the door gently.

She stepped back a bit, bumping into Akiya a bit but both of them held firm as they waited. It took a few seconds for an older gentleman to answer the door wearing a dark blue suit. He went to speak, likely to start with the typical greeting before his eyes locked on Camelia who cringed a bit.

"Lady Camelia." He started, seeming to be trying to collect himself and remember what he was supposed to say.

"Archibald."

Akiya managed to bite her tongue and not make a comment.

"M-My Lady, it's an absolute pleasure to see you. Come in then, I'll collect your parents at once!" He pulled the door opened and motioned for them to come inside. Camelia and Akiya stepped in, with Akiya looking around curiously before Archibald disappeared into the building.

Camelia followed him a short ways, making her way through the entryway of the home and into what could only be a parlor with a few bookshelves stacked against the walls. There was a large  archway into another room ahead of them, and to the right between two of the bookshelves was another smaller archway. Akiya could see a large hallway ahead of them, and what appeared to be a study through the smaller archway.