Chapter 3

Artemis watched as Mari closed her eyes and sat on the bed with her legs folded beneath her in a meditation-like pose. She concentrated for a short moment as Artemis moved to sit on the edge of the bed and watch her curiously while Apollo stood beside the bed, also watching.

It took a few moments for Mari to open her eyes and look back and forth at the two of them with a frown. "I don't know what she looks like. I'm basically picturing an evil witch in my head." Mari grumbled.

"That's not too far off honestly." Apollo chuckled before hushing as Artemis glared at him.

"I will have you use my memories of her to locate her." Artemis answered, she went to reach for Mari's hand, but the dragonling recoiled getting Artemis to look at her like she had just accidentally hurt her and imediately wished to take her action back. "Mari?"

"You're going to change back into your weapon form, aren't you?" Mari asked.

"That is how we share thoughts, is it not?" Artemis raised a curious eyebrow. Apollo seemed to read the situation better than his sister, and began slowly stepping back towards the door.

"But you're a God again, aren't you? Can't you do the same things Akeno can?"

"I am not a Fire Goddess."

"You know that's not what I meant." Mari narrowed her eyes.

Artemis glanced away from Mari and towards her brother who had disappeared out the door leaving the two of them alone. "I gave up my powers to be a Sword for your family. I don't want to spoil that relationship-"

"Artemis. No one is going to think any less of you. Honestly I'm getting really sick of this honor crap. If you wanted to you could put an arrow in Rose's forehead from here. No one mistrusts you at all and everyone just wants to see you happy. It's not everyday I get to have a Goddess in my bed - 'ON' My bed, I mean't to say 'on'." Mari face palmed with a groan. "Sorry, my loudmouth sister is rubbing off on me."

Artemis chuckled a bit. "I suppose Akiya can be quite a bit annoying at times. What is it you want me to do instead of changing into a weapon then?"

"Akeno can possess Mikky whenever she wants, right?"

"Akeno has essentially turned Mikky into her vassel. Mikky has become an extension of her person, and has recieved her blessing."

"Can you do something similar?"

"My blessing is not fire based. My blessing causes animals to be friendly with the recipient, as well as allowing them to communicate with the creatures."

"But you can't possess people?"

"I can. But the connection between Mikky and Akeno is much stronger than a simple possession. Their souls become one in the same, allowing both of them to use each other's gifts at will. Their connection is far stronger."

"Do you not want a connection like that?"

"I would give anything for a connection like theirs." Artemis added, reaching forward and gently taking Mari's hands. "But for now, I think I'm okay with the situation. Things don't need to change unless-"

"Unless I want to. Right?"

"Of course."

"Well what if I want them to change?" Mari asked, studying the Sword's expression, making sure she was not pushing her too hard. "What if I want that connection too?"

"Then I am willing to try, but I don't think now is the best time for such things. Medea is an incredible threat to this world and she should be our priority." Artemis explained.