Chapter 17

Akiya opened one eye, before that eye narrowed. She rolled onto her back and turned her head to look over Camelia to glare at her snoring brother sleeping on the couch. She couldn't tell what time it was, but she assumed by the fact everyone was still laying down trying to sleep that it wasn't time to be woken by her brother's snoring.

She glanced down at Camelia's face, realizing her brow was furrowed, and she was definately pissed at Jurgen, but didn't want to say anything to be rude. Akiya sat up, and gave her a pat on the shoulder, smiling when Camelia's expression relaxed like something was finally going to change.

As she stood up she noticed Nokiya and Ariadne were in the far corner of the room leaned against a few pillows with a couple books surrounding them. As they noticed Akiya they both gave her thumbs up in encouragment. Akiya then looked to Mari who was laying on the couch on the other side of Jurgen's, with Camelia sleeping on the floor between them. Ran was sound asleep in the arm chair in the opposite corner of the room of Nokiya and Ariadne, with her head down and a blanket around her shoulders.

Mari was laying on her back with her hands folded over her chest, seeming to be asleep, but when Akiya looked she opened one eye, and for a moment it seemed like it was green before it returned to Mari's blue color.

Akiya stepped over Camelia and stood next to Jurgen who was sprawled out on the couch snoring loudly. She crossed her arms over her chest, deciding whether or not to be nice about it, or to just sock him in the stomach. She settled on grabbing his nose and shaking him awake by said nose.

He grumbled, swallowing god knows how much spit before looking at her in shock for a moment as her grip seemed to tighten on his nose. "I'm going to warn you once." She growled. "You wake me up again, and I'll rip this off."

"Right." Jurgen agreed, distorted by the fact she was still holding onto his face. She released him and laid back down beside Camelia who quickly rolled into her savior with a sigh of content.

"What would I ever do without you?" Camelia whispered into Akiya's ear.

"Not sleep, that's for sure." Akiya rolled her eyes before shifting a bit to get comfortable, then closing her eyes and letting sleep take her once again.

They maybe got another hour or so of sleep before they woke to the sound of movement in the next room. They figured it could only be Tungrik, and they were even more inclined to get up when the smell of food began wafting into the room. They roused from their slumber before cleaning up the living room a bit and making their way into the dinning hall, barely large enough to fit the group. There they found that Tungrik had set the table with a relatively normal looking breakfast with eggs and strips of bacon and slices of meat and bread. There were even a few stacks of pancakes.

"Before we touch anything, no matter how good it looks and smells, we really need to know what we're eating." Nokiya noted, sitting down with the rest of her family.

Tungrik sat down at the end of the table and smiled lightly. "Unless chickens and pigs no longer exist above ground, you should be fine."

"You have chickens and pigs down here?" Akiya asked, quickly filling her plate now that they didn't have to worry about being poisoned.

"Indeed. We continued to breed and cultivate them down here since they are easy to raise and take care of. Of course, there are other meats and egg types that are far more easy to get hold of, but I'd rather keep it safe. I'd hate to find out some of those things are toxic to you and have them kill you over breakfast."

"Then thank you for doing this for us. We really appreciate it." Nokiya smiled gently.

"What other kinds of creatures are down here?" Ariadne asked curiously.