Chapter 1: Acceptance

"This life is so uneventful." the girl with long raven black hair sighed in exasperation while looking at the window of her room. It has been two days since she woke up inside a different world, and she still couldn't stomach everything that happened.

"After waking up in a strange place, I got so stressed that I wasn't able to sleep, in addition to that, I was sick for two days." she let herself fall back on the bed before slowly drifting to sleep.

(Two days ago)

"...dy?"

She thought she would never open her eyes again.

"...lady?"

But why is she sitting in this place?

"My lady?-"

"What do you want?" Annie retorted sharply, causing the servant who spoke to flinch in surprise. She was sitting on her bed, her palms squeezing her head in frustration while the maid was standing on the side, nervously fiddling her fingers.

"Can I ask why-"

"Where's Lucy?"

"P-pardon?"

"Lucy. Bring Lucy here." she looked around the room, unsure of what she needed to do. "No. Take me to Lucy." she quickly turned to run to the door but the moment her feet touched the floor, strength left her legs making her unable to stand up.

"BRING LUCY HERE NOW!!" she commanded getting impatient as seconds go by. The maid was on the verge of crying, not in fear but because of worry about her Mistress' state.

"B-but Miss. The Prince is currently at the Palace."

"What?"

"I'm sorry-"

"STOP. Apologizing. I..." she trailed off when she just finally noticed something strange. She was too preoccupied that she didn't pay attention to the long DARK RAVEN locks that has been there all along. She grabbed it fast and gave a powerful tug to pull it off. But pain is the only thing that she got.

"WHAT THE?!" she exclaimed, it seems like it's attached to her scalp and it'll hurt to take it off. Or is it her real hair?

It can't be. Even if it's dyed without her consent, she never grew her hair. And it'll take months to grow it that long. 

She bit her nails feeling the anxiety, but she was surprised to see it long and colored, and the same case with the hair, she's always putting her projects as her first priority, any unnecessary things will just get in the way. Then why was it like that? 

"A-are you sure you're okay miss? I can go out to tell the head butler that you've woken up." the maid worriedly looked at how Annie stared intently at her hands. She abruptly stood up from being seated on the floor and went in front of the mirror to confirm her suspicions.

...it was not her face nor was it her body.

"Who..."

It was a body that belonged to another person. Long seaweed-like raven black hair, porcelain white skin, sharp nose, plump lips, a beauty mark beside it, and the most unusual of them all, a fierce-looking thin and sharp bloody red eyes. It was far from what she looked like the last time she checked herself in front of a mirror. Her hair used to be short brown, her eyes were clear chocolate back then.

"I-is everything okay, Miss?" she ignored the maid's question and opened a small drawer in front of her to find any belongings that will tell her who the person she was seeing as herself. She saw a small black notebook in one of the drawers so she picked it up and opened it to see if she can find anything. Thankfully, the texts are written in English and she was able to read and understand what was written inside.