Chapter 9: The girl who can do anything

Demeltha Ethel Everleigh. She is a commoner raised in a loving family, but in a world full of unique people born with magic, she was an exception who was born with nothing. But one day, the Goddess above loved her beautiful soul and bestowed her a gift, the power to heal and give hope to the world. The Power of Divine.

That was when her parents knew that keeping her for themselves would be so selfish, they didn't want to deprive the world of the ray of sunshine that their daughter can give. Thus they asked her if she wanted to share it to those who need it the most. And being the kind hearted and lovely person she was, Demi agreed happily and departed for the Capital to enter a Prestigious Academy and grow her power to be able to help everyone.

Her face, her personality, everything about her was nice. No wonder even the Duke's Heir who hates the world loved her, and the Prince who was as cold as winter and hard as ice warmed and melted in her presence. The foreigner who was known as someone who would never settle for a single woman changed and dreamed to be with her and no one else and the broken man who built a wall to protect himself opened to her touch.

But of course, like people often say, it is hard to be hated by no one. Even a kind girl had someone who despised her whole being.

The future Empress, Avana Arkwright. The one who secretly made her suffer and acted like a victim in front of everyone, and the sole person who sold her soul just to take everything from her.

"It was you who took everything from me. I am just taking them back."

She was blinded by her greed, she desired to rule the Empire and marry her first love. Betrayed her fiance and cooperated with the villain to kick him out of his throne, unbeknownst to her, she was nothing but a puppet of the Man behind the shadows who was planning on discarding her after she is no longer useful.

And it finally happened. Her judgement has come, after throwing away everything she has, hoping that she could conquer all things that every single person possesses, she was left with nothing. Staring at the aftermath of her own foolish actions, the Marionette felt nothing, her eyes held nothing but pure darkness, it was as if a curse was lifted. She was not built to have a happy ending after all.

Avana died on the hands of the Man she chose to throw away.

"I am at fault for opening my heart to someone who is not you, but I don't regret feeling at ease in the presence of the girl who made me feel as if I was not alone."

Those were the last words she heard before she took her last breath. It was not the person she loved, not the man she sacrificed everything for, it was the man she saw as a stepping stone.

...

"What's that, Lady Avana?" the young Prince pointed at the scribbles at the notebook she was holding. It was the day after their 'small' talk and all of them sat around the small table in the Garden once again. This time, the two young boys were the ones who waited for the Lady to come, and when she asked them the reason why they were there, they answered.

"We're answering the assignments that the Academy sent."

That's why Avy thought she should also do something instead of just staring into space.

"My notes," she said but the Prince just raised his brow in confusion staring at the paper with dots and dashes written on it.

-/•-/•••/•/•-•
--•/••-/-•
--•/•-•/•/-•/•-/-••/•

"How do you understand that?" he asked.

"This is Morse Code. If you know what each symbol stands for, you will be able to read it."