Chapter 10: Downtown

It was still so early in the morning but the two young lads inside the Arkwright Mansion were already awake. As usual, dressed all nicely after taking a bath, both with one question in mind.

'Is sister awake?'

And as expected, they ran across each other in front of the Lady's room.

"What are you doing here, Your Highness?" Ciel asked

"I'm just checking if Lady Avana is already awake." the Prince answered honestly and not too long after, the knob clicked and the door opened. It was not Avy but her servant, Mariel stepped out of the room.

"Oh, Young Master, Your Highness. I was just about to go and meet the both of you to give you these." she said referring to the papers she was holding in her hands.

"Why?"

"The lady asked not to be disturbed hence she prepared these learning materials for His Highness and Young Master to help with your Academy Tasks." she handed them the papers with detailed explanations of the Math assignments that they showed Avy the other day. She memorized every single topic and wrote how to solve and answer everything so that the two won't have any reason to bother her for the entire day.

But of course, what Mariel said that Avy doesn't want to be disturbed was a lie because the said Lady wasn't even resting in her room nor was she inside the Mansion.

"Mariel said this is Marquis Heron's territory, his wife is currently at the center of the noble society after opening a successful boutique three months ago. But I'm not here for that, where was that shop again?" she's already walking around in another noble's territory in commoner clothes.

After waking up from that dream, she couldn't make herself fall asleep again, so she decided to leave the Mansion and might as well check on the brat if he's still alive. But before that, she wrote all the pointers and explanations of the things she saw in Ciel and Light's homework, of course, they're too much of a bother for her to entertain.

"I'm glad I was an only child. Children are troublesome." she breathed out as she roam her eyes around to find the shop she was looking for. Unlike the maze-like Mansion of Arkwright Dukedom, she quickly familiarized herself with the shops she went to when she shopped for the child's necessities, and so without wasting too much time, she found it easily.

'Warde'

She pushed the wooden door that sounded the bell whenever someone comes in. The inside is nothing special, just an old shop with different kinds of materials and magic artifacts in a separate section. An old man wiping the glass stones on the counter, which she believes the owner of the store didn't even bat an eye to her direction and kept doing his thing.

She was way comfortable that she's not being watched, thus she took her time to go around the shop with ease, admiring those little scraps, metals, and other stuff she used to spend her time with when she was living in her original world. It was quiet but not unsettling, but the old man decided to break the silence first.

"It is you again." Esmour Warde, the owner spoke, holding a small tool and a pen-looking thing made of metal in his hands, still not looking at Avy.

"You have a pretty good memory, Old Man." she replied a couple of meters away while studying the structure of a broken toy Knight made of metal garbage resting on the corner of the store.

"Only a few people are worth remembering, youngins like you are one of those." Mr. Warde said, making Avy let out a small laugh.

"I can say that I'm pretty remarkable, don't you think so?" she picked up the small kit lying on top of the empty shelf where she found the toy and rummage inside to find something, the store owner didn't give attention to it, well it's not like Avy will be stopped on what she wants to do.