CHAPTER II

God no! What is going on? This must be a dream...It cannot be...Why am I imagining myself as the protagonist of that book?!.......All of this....it feels so real.........From Katherine Wilson, I have become Rhea Leneghan.

I was down on my knees due to the shock I was just presented by the girl in front of me. Seeing my weak self, she immediately rushes to assist me get up while worriedly asking in a courteous tone,

"Miss?! Are you okay? Shall I go to call the doctor?"

Still not uttering a word, I stand up trying to digest my unfamiliar unknown surroundings. At long last, after composing myself, I calmly decline her request,

"No, I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you."

"Shall I bring the breakfast to your room? Or would you like to take a bath first?"

She asks while I go lay back on the bed whose size I still wasn't used to.

"Thank you but no. I'm feeling a little lightheaded so I would like to sleep a little more."

I tried my best to imitate the female lead that I had read in the book. I didn't want to cause any suspicions and luckily, the maid didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and smiled,

"Then please rest, I will bring you medicine for your lightheadedness along with the breakfast after you wake up. Kindly please call me if you need anything."

"Thank you."

After she left the room, I inwardly scream at the top of my lungs in my mind. Covering myself with a blanket like a worm, from head to toe, I curl up with my eyes closed. Figuring that if I go to sleep, I will end up waking up in reality. With that thought, I kept closing my eyes shut but no matter how hard I squeezed my eyes, I couldn't sleep. Only the sound of the clock ticking filled the soundless room. 10 minutes...25 minutes...an hour passed but I couldn't sleep.

Why can't I sleep?!

I sit up abruptly to glare at the annoying clock whose ticking made me irritated. While thinking about what to do, my stomach that could not control itself anymore complained through grumbling. Putting my hand on my stomach, I realise that I haven't eaten. It is possible that's why I can't sleep.

I quickly call the maid for breakfast and soon a tray full of food was presented in front of me. Though it wasn't anything fancy but it had been a long time since I last ate something properly which is why I ate to my heart content. Unfortunately, this body I was in got full quickly, so I had to stop.

After I had finished eating, I looked around the room. It was kept extremely organized and tidy. I can't believe it belongs to me, someone who never ever cleaned her room before. Ah...it's too bad. If I continue staying here, this room will soon turn into a garbage can like my old room. 'Old room.' It feels odd to say that. But I have no other words to describe the room I slept in yesterday and the room in which I ended up waking into.

I gazed outside the window to find people with their luggage leaving the mansion by foot or on hired carriages.

They must be the employees of this house who were told to leave because the Count can no longer afford to pay them because of the debt and his business going bankrupt. The only workers left now must be around 3-4 maids and a butler, if I recall the story correctly.

That's when there's a knock, and I allow whoever it is to come in and it turns out to be the same maid as before. She had come to pick up the empty plates and tray.

"Do you need more, miss?"

"No...uh..."

I tried to recall her name, but I couldn't decide whether it was Olivia or Holly. Only two maids were mentioned in the book who worked in this mansion for the Rhea. But I didn't know which one was her. Thanks to the poor writing of the writer, he or she had written no details to describe the side characters such as maids which made it even more difficult to recognise.