CHAPTER V

"But Miss! Does that mean you care more about Olivia than me?"

Holly pouted and complained.

"Of course not. I care about you all equally. In fact, I have even prepared your wedding gifts."

"Gifts?"

Her eyes lit up with excitement and surprise.

"Yes, take it with you before you leave today."

I then look at my family and added the one last idea that entered my mind,

"Everyone please select necessary things you absolutely cherish. We have to sell everything else if we need to immediately shift to a rented cottage."

"That is valid. We do need to pay its rent as well."

"Let's go kids. I will help you minimalist your things."

Mama called out Lark, Eros and Lia and then went inside to assist them. While I went to my room followed by Olivia and Holly. I gave all my jewels and expensive clothes to Holly as wedding gift. I even gave some to Olivia though she told me to sell them for myself but I didn't want to play unfair. I felt bad for giving Holly used clothes, but that was all I could do for now. I promised to gift her something new in the future. For the present, I kept only three dresses for myself. One the one I was wearing, one a similar one but in green colour and off shoulders and the other was full navy blue. Yeah, you guessed it. Blue is my favourite colour. And examining these clothes, I'm guessing it was also Rhea's favourite colour as well. These dresses were modest, ordinary yet still quite presentable. Since we were going to shift into the commoners community, it wouldn't be good to wear overpriced jewelled dressing. Although Olivia and Holly looked upset by my choices and kept advising me to at least keep ten dresses with me. But I refused. There's no use for extra luggage. After we spent the whole day sorting out, Reynald went with Olivia to sell these things. While we went to pay our father a visit.

The clinic was private yet comfortable looking. It was in the middle of the city, among the commoners place but nobles would also often visit it. Because the doctor was extremely civil and skilled at what he did. Although the Count was still not awake, so the situation was still dire. Seeing him on the hospital bed, bones that were nearly visible under the thin skin, made me feel pity for him. This man never harmed anyone yet look at the state he is currently in. He does not deserve it. His family also do not deserve it. This is not fair.

After the visit, mama started working on making desserts and pastries. I told her for now we need minimum five, since we still have to be selected by a store or a cafe that will be willing to sell these desserts. I then personally went with Reynold and Olivia to multiple stores, cafes, restaurants, any place we could find that would be willing to sell the goods. Since we can't afford to build our own shop, this is the most we can do. After hours of roaming around here and there, getting kicked out of few stores, we then head back home. Only three stores agreed. One of them was a cafe while the other two were small businesses that I could tell were themselves in loss. But who am I to complain? The fact that they accepted is more than enough. That night, I was so tired from all the scouting, that I didn't know when I went to sleep.

The next morning, I got up as quick as possible and got ready to head out. Mama had to start making all the orders we received yesterday, and Olivia and Reynold were going to help her. Holly and the other servant went back to their homes last night. Lark had his first day of his tutoring today. He managed to get two families children including the Fay family that had requested him as a teacher. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly for him.

While I was on the way to the real-estate ministry. Yesterday while mama was busy baking, I ended up reading various accounts books and real estate books and anything I could discover to enhance my basic concepts and learn more about the ways of this world so I could be better prepared.