CHAPTER XXV

That evening after Rhea got free from her shift, she glanced outside the window to see a lavish carriage waiting for her with the Duchy of Dallarosa emblem embedded with silver and intricate details and designing.

"Argus is here?"

She murmured to herself. However, there were two others who despite it being a few hours, did not leave the cafeteria after hearing about what Argus asked of Rhea.

"He is punctual."

"That gives him 8 points."

"Is it out of 10? Come on, look at that gorgeous carriage. You have to give him points for that as well."

"I did. He gets 8 out of 8."

Two people on either side of Rhea whispered to each other, making her uncomfortable.

"Uhmm...what are you both still doing here?"

"Timepass."

"I'm the owner of this place in case you forgot."

"Then carry out your job as an owner. And Lydia, you should go back home and try to do something productive."

"I am doing something worthwhile! Setting up my friends is the biggest deed ever."

"Who is setting up with whom?"

"Oh don't be shy. It's your date. I'm guessing it's most likely your first one, therefore enjoy."

"... I know but look at me. He didn't give me any time to dress up or prepare..."

She whispered to herself.

"That's what we are here for!"

"I've got a few dresses up in my office for when I have to attend a meeting. You can borrow mine."

"Giselle, you have some makeup in your pouch as well?"

"Yes. And Lydia you have got hairstyling supplies, is that right?"

"Needless to say, they're my life. A hairstyle determines what type of personality you have."

"Err...I don't think that's true."

"Yeah well, hairstyles matter."

"So what do you say, Rhea?"

"Won't it take too much time? Argus is outside waiting."

"Oh, he can wait a few more minutes. Think of it as a test. If he wants to go on a date with you then he should have no problem waiting a few hours. Now come on, let's go!"

Giselle places her arm across Rhea's arm and drags her upstairs after instructing the rest of the staff to take care of the cafe.

Lydia follows behind them muttering,

"I pity the guys that went out with you..."

After half an hour of waiting, Argus started to think that maybe Rhea had gone home. However, she was not the type to do such a thing. No matter how much she hated something or doesn't want to do it, she at least faces it head-on.

Argus had bought her favorite flowers that he had seen her grow in her house. He once asked her why she only gets the same type of flower and she replied they are her favorite.

However, he was too embarrassed to hold the bouquet in his hand. Therefore he had placed them inside the carriage.

Asking her on a date was completely on impulse. He does not have a plan in mind. Even the bouquet he bought was because of Lydia's urge. For now, all he planned was to take her out someplace nice for dinner. After that....he didn't anticipated that far ahead. For now, he only hoped she would come.