CHAPTER XVI

NOTE: Before it was all Rhea's POV, but from this chapter onwards it's going to be third person since I want to express the POV's of all the characters. In the middle half of this chapter there will be a new POV, but that will be the last specific character's POV.
Hope this doesn't cause any confusion and you enjoy reading! <3

____________

After the secret meet up, they all went our own separate ways. After dropping Thalia home, Lydia and Rhea went to various pastry shops to check out the price and demands of things. She made it a note, a habit, to keep the market price and demand in mind and then set out the following business plan accordingly.

They went to a couple of famous shops and then a few average cafe's to get a know-how on things. Before long, the sun said it's goodbye and went down as the near to half moon illuminated a reflection of a beautiful white-silvery light upon the streets that we walked. Lydia's father, the Marquis, had arranged for her a carriage and guards but she sent them all back since she wanted to experience exploring and roaming the streets like a normal average person, or so she said so herself.

The yellow orange sky soon lost its colour to dark blackish blue as the stars took over it. One by one, lights began to shine from the windows as the street lamps began to lit, reflecting a faint glow upon the streets that soon became less and less crowded.

Rhea had invited Lydia and Argus for dinner, therefore they both were heading towards Rhea's house. They passed by the main street and took a single road surrounded by trees that covered the street like a shade. This street was in particular empty as compared to the rest, since it was an extension of the residential area, a transition area between the main city and the country side with farms. Usually there were quite a few cottages in this area and it was mainly covered with tulip fields all around.

As they both turned left to another smaller street, they were greeted by two drunkard men, with flushed faces, creepy grins, and eyes full of lust that leered at the two young girls.

Seeing the unexpected guys who ogled at them, Rhea asked Lydia if tomorrow was going to be a half moon to which Lydia nodded in agreement.

"How strange...even though the plot has drastically changed....it's still one way or another, moving on it's own way. Did you read this part in the story?"

"Where after her divorce, one night the female lead is near to being sexually assaulted by two men but is saved by the Crown Prince who was doing his normal evening rounds in the city?"

"Exactly. This is the first meeting between the two fated lovers who fell in love at first sight."

"But not everything is according the story, Rhea. Look, I am here with you. And there is no sign of the Crown Prince. Although there is this guy, following us from a distance....but I assume that he's going on the same direction as us."

"If that's so then he should be here by now. Didn't he turn left along with us? Then how come he's not here yet?"

"What are you two beautiful ladies whispering to each other?"

"If you want some company, we are happy to oblige..."

One of them puts his hand on Rhea's shoulder. Both Rhea and Lydia look at each other in disgust as the men continue to grin at them.

_____________________

My name is Adrastos Andino III, however my close family and friends call me Prince Rastos or simple Rastos without any title, depends on who is addressing me. I am the Crown Prince of this Kingdom and supposedly the male lead of this book, I once pored upon. Funny how this online novel I once read just to pass time, became a reality after I died. The reason for my death, is an unknown virus that affects a person's DNA, mutating it's gene to bring adverse reactions. I died within two days after getting infected. And to think just a day before being in such a condition, there I was, enjoying my average life. I can't recall what that life was all about except a few bits and pieces of information here and there and the most important fact that even though, I was an average university student living an average typical life, at the very least, I was happy.