CHAPTER XX

After Rhea explained everything, Argus called one of his men and told them to secure the area and get the three people who were before chasing after Rhea but after seeing Rhea with Argus, they ran away, knowing that they were in trouble. He also sent his people around to look for Rastos and inform the King regarding the situation.

When all the orders were given, he took Rhea by her hand into one of the parlor rooms and brought out the band-aid kit.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't we be going after them?"

"My men are taking care of it but first you should look at yourself. You're bleeding."

Rhea blinked, realizing that she did feel a sharp ache in certain places especially her elbow which was bruised. However, she was so focused while at the same time distracted by her new realized feelings that she didn't bother to pay attention to her injuries.

Argus using the tweezer dips the cotton into the medicine and places it on her elbow, after using a cloth to clean the wound. Seeing him do this makes Rhea feel embarrassed. She pulls herself away reflexively,

"I can do this by myself. You don't have to do this."

"I am doing it already so might as well let me."

"But..."

Rhea bits her lip. She felt bad making him do this but deep down she felt butterflies in her stomach, seeing him take care of her. However, no matter how happy she felt, she wanted to treat her injuries by herself. When she was about to refuse, she observed Argus's eyes that she could not read. She wondered that if she rejected him right now, would he take it as she doesn't like being touched by him. Will this then make him never approach her ever? Hearing her thoughts, made her dizzy. What was she thinking about! Her face flushes. It's not like I want Argus to touch me...but....

"... all right."

She mumbles, moving back to her original place.

In that room, silence spread. The only sound Rhea heard was that of the clock ticking and her heart beating loudly. All the while when Argus tended to her wounds, she subconsciously held her breath in. She had realized her feelings for the man in front of her, but the question was that what should she do now? In her mind, she has this feeling that rather than them being reincarnated, they are stuck in this novel and can get out. However, seeing how most of them experienced death, she had started slowly believing that maybe this was her second life. But.....why did she felt like something was strange? An eerie feeling kept creeping her out. She shook her head subconsciously and decided to focus on the task at hand. Aside from Argus who was almost finished putting the bandages on, getting the gem was important.

Just when Argus was finished, the door opens and in comes Rastos and Argus's man from before.

"What's the status?"

"We have secured the location."

"Father also sent his men to protect the area around the relic. So far no one seems to be there."

"Wherever they are hiding, we will find them. They can't hide forever."

"Are you talking about him?"

An unfamiliar voice to Rhea came from the open door. There stood the tall and stunning, Princess Calista. Following her was her possibly her guard who was quite tall and had a huge build, dragging a middle-aged man on the marble floor by his clothes. The Princess walked with her powerful yet elegant aura and smirked,

"I found this little Kyle, snooping around, hiding behind the bushes. Figured, you were looking for him."

Rhea's eyes and mouth went wide open. She muttered in amazement,