CHAPTER XXIV

The news of the engagement ceremony between the countries, spread worldwide like a wildfire. People from neighbouring countries were equally excited to join this happy occasion. All around celebrations were being held. To rejoice such a joyous occasion, there will be a festival held for a whole week even though the ceremony was going to last a single day. Everyone was thrilled except the two people in question who were not looking forward to their engagement. Even now, just like always, they were arguing while deciding on the theme and dressing for the occasion.

"I said it should be golden."

"Well, I want it to be silver."

"Hey, it's my first engagement!"

"It's not like it's my last."

Calista rolled her eyes and added,

"It's also my first and probably my only engagement ceremony. Even though it's....."

She was about to add that it's not what she wanted but she stopped herself from uttering those silent words since these two were not alone in the room. A lot of the staff that were working hard with the preparation were with them.

She clears her throat and adds,

"The theme will be silver, please."

"No! I demand it to be golden. Silver reminds me of our knight's armor."

"Then you should be appreciative of representing the ones who defend your kingdom."

"It's not their engagement. If it was, then I would have no problem with it."

"Silver!"

"Golden!"

The two eyes glared at each other, with sparks flying between them, causing the staff around them uncomfortable and scared.

The chief designer mustered up her courage to become the third wheel and spoke up,

"If I may....your highnesses...how about going with a white theme?"

"You mean white and golden/silver?"

Both retorted at the same time

"No. Only white. White symbolizes purity. It will fit admirably with both of you."

"You mean just plain white?"

"With white intricate details of course."

Rastos looked at Calista, waiting for her reaction.

"I approve."

"I also approve."

"Glad you both agree. Now for the jewelry, in particular, the rings you will be exchanging, will it be golden or silver?"

"Silver."

"Golden."

They both answered reflexively and then glared at each other for their choice of opposing color.

"...I think it would be better to set that question for later on. For now, Princess Calista....please come to the adjoining room for your dress fitting and measurements."

"Alright."

She replied and started following the maids that were escorting her. Before they reached the door, she stops and turns around,

"You better not select the golden color while I'm gone, got it?"

Rastos smirked in turn and added,

"Princess, I believe you are getting delayed for somewhere."

"...I will be quick."

After she leaves taking half of the staff with her, Rastos turns to the one that is the head of their jewelry.