CHAPTER XXII

Upon hearing such declaration everyone turns to look at Rastos, he was a prince, crown prince to be exact, the future king must have known and seen the sacred relic.

However, unexpectedly, his clueless expression and shrugging made everyone realize he too was with them.

"Don't look at me like that. I haven't witnessed that thing either. Only the King or the Holy Priest can see it."

"You have no slightest idea of how we can get our hands on it? If this goes on then Argus might die."

"Yeah, and I would end up back with Ryker and you with Rhea."

"Yeah, and Argus might die."

Rhea kept reciting the same line, full of worry for the one who had her affection.

"Well, what do you suppose I should do? I can't snatch it now, can I? I am the Crown Prince for god sake. How would it feel knowing a Prince stole the holy relic?"

"Nothing because that is if you get caught. Only you, being a royal family member can enter the Holy Temple. It has to be you."

"But why are you all pushing me to do it? Why not Calista? She's a princess as well."

"I do not belong to this Kingdom."

"Guys, let's be rational here. Stealing can remain an option. But for now, we also need to find out that if we were to find that relic, then how are we supposed to change our fates?"

"It's an unfinished book. The book needs to be finished."

"How can you say that?"

They all turned to Rhea who suddenly suggested an answer in a monotonous tone.

"I don't know. When I woke up as Rhea, I overheard this female voice forewarning me that the book needs to be finished."

"Who was it?"

"Wait you didn't hear it? I thought everyone did."

"No."

"All I recall is me being woken up to an assassin that was out to kill me."

"Rhea, why didn't you say this sooner?"

"Well, I thought you all must have also heard it so you knew."

"I didn't hear anything like that."

"Neither did I."

"If I may..."

Lydia or the Author, in this case, spoke up,

"I think I heard something similar as well. The words I detected were of my original past voice informing me that this is my second chance-a new life, where I can rewrite the chapters of my book and decide how it ends."

"Does that mean if you provide an ending to this book, we will be liberated from this curse?"

"I think so-"

Rhea added to Argus's statement, however when she moved a single step on a flat surface, she tripped and was about to fall, making her stop whatever she was about to discuss.

At that moment Argus and Rastos, both reflexively rushed to assist her, the latter being the one to do so since he was near her.

"Oh sorry, thank you."

Rhea replied two contrasting words together as Rastos helped her stand.

"Are you okay?"

"Did you slip?"