CHAPTER XIII

"Tell me. Are you also not from here?"

Lydia averts her gaze, staring at the floor hiding her face. Not getting an answer from her, I turn to Argus,

"Is she the one you told me about? The one who is currently not here and is also not from the book?"

"No. That was a "he", remember? This is....I honestly don't know who she really is since she never said anything about herself. She once let it slip when she inquired about why I didn't sign up for the border mission and that's when I found out that she's also not from here. However..."
He turns to look at her, "whenever I asked her or tried to get confirmation from her, she never replied."

When he finishes explaining, we both glance at Lydia waiting for her to start explaining.

".....Fine. I'm not from here. My real name is Roxane. However, I came here when Lydia was only one month old."

"Then what year are you from?"

".....756..."

She mumbled in a low voice.

"You mean 1756?"

"No. 756 CE."

"What in the....."

"Holy Shit!"

Argus and my eyes' go wide open along with our mouths. That's such an old timeline. Then how old the book originally is? Just who is the author of this book? So many questions popped in my head. Yet I did not have the answer to any single one of them.

"How old were you when you came here?"

"I think......I was......23?"

"Then do you remember anything from your past or that life?"

"No, I apologise. Everything's hazy and blurry."

"Why didn't you tell us before?"

"Because I like my life as Lydia. I am Lydia and I am happy being Lydia."

"I see....then how much of the story have you read?"

"Not more than you two. I think even less."

"Just why is it that no one has ever tried to finish this book? Does anyone even know how it ends?"

I look at both of them who cluelessly shook their heads.

"Then does anyone at least know about the author or why we came into this book?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Let's figure it all out when that other guy comes as well. We can then discuss and find out why we are actually here."

"Alright."

"That sounds good."

"For now, we have a trial to attend to."

"Argus, when will my brothers be here?"

"They will be here when the trial ends."

"Why? I thought they'd be here by now. Is something wrong?

"You'll see what I'm referring to during the trial. Although, don't worry. They're perfectly healthy."

"That's good then."

Before long, we were all gathered in one of the courtrooms. The room itself was of mediocre size with wooden furniture and flooring utilised. The only difference in this room and from the court rooms that I had seen on dramas was that it was in round shape and there was no jury present. The accused were on the right while the defendants were on the left of the three judges who sat tall and high at the middle end.