💼03💼

Day 9

Jimin's Pov

The past seven years have been rough for me.

When I first started out to be CEO of my step fathers company- I cut off all connections I had with the past. Including friends, social media, everything.

After that all the way until I was 23, I was the head of my step fathers company. I raised the stocks, earning us so much money in a short period of time. Honestly If I didn't become CEO when I did the company would've gone bankrupt, to my surprise considering how my mom described her husbands business like it was the best thing in the world.

Now it's the largest in Seoul, specializing in making electronic devices to help people with daily life.

If you ask me it just helps you become even lazier and dependent on objects to help you.

I absolutely hate it.

At age 23 I stepped down from the position. My step father who I never got to meet died in a car crash, and once again my mother moved on to another man, leaving the company behind on no supervision.

The media thought that she turned away because of grief, and didn't bash her for stepping down too when it was really just so she could leach off of another rich man.

Realizing even more how much of a bitch she was I violated the contract and stepped down before I was supposed to. I mean, I really didn't exactly because I was the one who was CEO, not my mother.

Doyoung, the man that I got married to. It was a pain in the ass having to just randomly kiss him in public for exposure.
We never fell in love. It was all for publicity, and I wondered if Yoongi was out there watching me in disappointment or anger. I hope he didn't get the wrong idea.

We actually ended up becoming good friends, and I ended it off through a divorce a year before resigning. We still remained allies because of our families, and I ended up merging both of our families companies. It was a benefit to get more profits altogether, but mostly just to piss my mother off. She would've hated my decision.

I passed on my title to him, and our combined company two years later is even better than when it wasn't merged.

My mother ran off with money from one of her many sugar daddies, and I have no idea where she is now and I don't care.

I settled in an apartment and because Doyoung was oh so generous, I got a bit of shared money from the progress of his company.

I'll never go broke again.
Well unless the business does terrible then oh well.
People didn't really know my face all too well so I wasn't easily recognized in public and I could live a rather normal life. I usually wore a mask to not get bombarded by people while getting a coffee at ass o' clock in the morning just so they could ask stupid questions.

Sadly it's happened before.
The only time I take my mask off is when so have to kiss Doyoung, and my face is mostly covered by his.

They only knew the name Park Jimin, and it was common so really no one had any leads on who I was.

After officially settling in I did some really deep digging and I contacted all my old used-to-be friends.

I first found out Jungkook transitioned and started to date Taehyung, everything happening in her Junior year of college.
She said that Taehyung was waiting for her and even when she told him about her confused gender identity he was still with her all the way. She ended up falling and they eventually got together.

I shed a few tears hearing her story. There was obviously more to it but she wasn't comfortable sharing that, and I was ok with it.
After getting together they adopted a child, and while Taehyung's a stay at home dad Jungkook works as a profesor at a local college.
Once again I cried like a complete baby.

Then came my old bestie Jin, who was a famous painter. It surprised me but I was happy for him. We caught up over coffee and he told me that his pen name was Birdie, and he was an anonymous painter.

Props to him for not getting his face and name exposed because that must've been hard as hell. We both shed a few waterfalls of tears together and asked about what went on in our lives.

Honestly in highschool we were both childish, something we could collectively agree on one hundred percent.

Then I met up with Namjoon and Hoseok.
They were living together and were engaged! My reaction made them laugh, and they promised to invite me and the others to the wedding.

Namjoon admitted that Jin was way too independent for him and they broke up on mutual terms. Hoseok then shot his shot after Namjoon got over their breakup and boom, they're together. Namjoon was a graphic designer and Hoseok was a basketball coach. He loved basketball but ended up hurting his knee, so he did the next best thing.

I phoned everyone up because I was fucking lonely, and we all got together. We had a good laugh and then I explained my dilemma. I told them that I tried to find Yoongi but I couldn't, and that's when it all started.

Everyone of us for the past two years have been trying to find Yoongi at all costs.

Still, it was no use. We found out that his father is in prison, and that his mother is dead.
But still no Yoongi.

-

Day 13

"This is getting frustrating!"
Jungkook gave me a look of sympathy, rolling her shoulders back before resting her head on the palm of her hand.

"I know. I really miss him too. I mean, we were childhood friends. My parents wants to talk to him again too."

That peaked an interest in me, and I focused my full attention on her when asking my question.

"How close were they exactly?" She smiled at my question, her eyes not leaving the table while she drew patterns with the tip of her freshly painted blue nail.

"Really close. Yoongi could find comfort in my mother, and would find joy in my father. Before he left they were actually planning on adopting him."

My facial features pulled together as my heart ached for them. I've met them recently and they seemed like such nice people.

"My mom- she's infertile. When she found out Yoongi left she spiraled into depression." I placed a hand on top of Jungkook's, wanting to comfort her.

"But, three years ago they adopted a little girl. She's 14 now. They were so happy, but they still wish to see Yoongi one last time."

"Last?"
Jungkook was crying, her mascara starting to mix in with the pools of water dripping down her makeup covered face as she started to wipe her eyes.

"My dad. He has cancer. Since he's o-old they can't do anything."
"Gosh........thats so fucking horrible."

A few heads have turned our way, and I quickly wrapped my arms around Jungkook, guiding her to the front door.

After a few minute she calmed down. Her cheeks turned red of embarrassment, and she bit her lip quite a lot.
"Sorry," she whispered.
"It's just......I really hope they get to see Yoongi. I want to fulfill their wish before he's forced to stay at the hospital. I want to see him myself I-"

I rubbed her back, thinking about our relationship. It bring back old memories.
"You're not the only one. We all want to see him. I just how its going to happen soon."
Jungkook gives a forces laugh, tears starting to line her eyes again.

"Let's face it Jimin. It's unlikely that he's just going to magically appear into our lives. He's been gone for seven years, who says that this year we're going to be lucky?"

I couldn't argue with her.
Who says we'll be lucky this year?
Still though, I still hope.

I still hope that we'll be able to see Yoongi again.

-

Lynn~~