💼18💼

Day 63

Yoongi's Pov

I was outside of the hospital room, my nails secure in my teeth as I bit them constantly, my hand jittering for a cigarette. My mind was full of thoughts, full of doubt which was slowly ruining my already low confidence.

A hand was then on my shoulder, and I slowly looked to the side to see Jungkook smiling at me. "Take your time Yoongi. I'm going to find a vending machine. I'll be back in about twenty minutes. That should be enough time to talk. My mother and sister are in there too. Good luck."

I watched Jungkook walk away, feeling my anxiety build up. Oh my God. This was happening, this was really happening. My stomach felt queasy and I so badly wanted to leave, but I know I couldn't.

I slowly got up, feeling my hands and legs shake. I was taking many deep breaths, finding my feet moving forward until I was in front of the door handle.

I gulped.
Finally getting the courage, I turned the knob, and pushed it open. My eyes were searching, frantic for something familiar. I saw Jungkook's parents, and then Rae...

They looked the same, barley any older. Only a few grey hairs here and there. I turned to Rae. She was Indian, her skin lighter than most, but it was clear what her race was. Her hair was buzzed, along with it being dark blue. She had ear piercings and a nose stud, a tattoo on her right shoulder which showed a running horse.

This girl........was fucking 14?? What in the world? "Young man, I think you have the wrong room." I looked away from her towards Jungkook's mother.

"I'm not surprised you don't recognize me." She looked at me confused. "Pardon?" Jungkook's father was also looking at me from his hospital bed.

"I-I'm Yoongi. I uh, I stayed with you because of my...dad?" It was silent. That was before Jungkook's mom stood up, her hand over her mouth.

"Mom?" The fourteen year old girl looked at me confused. Jungkook's mom's eyes were teary, and she walked over to me in shock.

"Yoongi!" She collapsed in my arms, hugging me tight as she mumbled my name, sobbing.
"Son...." I looked up at him, my own eyes starting to water.

"I-I'm back?"
She wouldn't let me go, still repeating my name over and over again.
"Dad please tell me who he is! Is he like my long lost brother or what?"

Her dad smiled, and he motioned for me to sit down on an open hospital chair. "He'll explain once he sits down. Honey, please let go of him."

It took a while, but eventually with a handkerchief placed against her eyes, Mrs. Jeon and I were sat down side by side next to Rae.

"Well Damn, this is nerve recking." Mrs. Jeon hit my shoulder, and I winced. "Language!" I slightly laugh, missing her presence as I didn't even care about the fact that her hit stung.

I turned to Rae first, to explain to her because she was confused.
"Well when I was around 16-17, I had an abusive father. Your parents took me in, and I lived with them and Jungkook for a while. I grew up with your sister, so it wasn't a problem."

Before I could continue someone stops me.
"You know?" I nod at Mr. Jeon, forgetting that they didn't know.

"Jungkook set all of this up. I met her and the rest of my friends a few months ago. I only recently found out about your condition and Rae, so I wanted to come visit." Mrs. Jeon hugged me sideways, a smile on her face.

"I'm so glad you're ok! But you look so...different." I nod. "I know." I turned back to Rae, who was looking at me with curiosity.

"So yeah. When Jungkook used to be a boy we would do everything together. Our parents used to be friends but they fell off, but Jungkook and I didn't. Anyway, because of my abusive father being the absolute worst, your mom and dad wanted to adopt me. But, stuff happened."