💼07💼

Day 19

Yoongi's Pov

In less than two days I was working again. After about twenty four hours the boss called again and said that my record was clean enough, and that I could start working at five the same day.

She also told me that her name was Jae, and that I didn't have to call her "boss" like other restaurants do. I found it weird but I quickly grew used to people shouting her name like she was a waiter or waitress.

She informed me that I would be working as a waiter, which I couldn't really complain about because she provided me a job. She said that I would be getting paid $20 an hour, my work hours would be from five to 4 on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

After she made sure that everything she listed was ok with me, she informed me that a group of six come here regularly and are always allowed a discount because of her relations to one of them. She told me that when they come in she would point them out so that I could remember their faces.

Other than that my job was fairly easy. I didn't randomly forget orders, tables, or where they were located. Because of my experience, in the three days that I was working at Phantom's Spice I was doing my job like a pro.

Every time Jae saw me she would congratulate me on my hard work. I felt happier than I did when I first arrived, having somewhere to be, not feeling guilty about living with Jackson without paying him back.
Not encountering a certain trio times two.

Jackson has noticed my change in mood. He hasn't questioned it, but he has shown that he wasn't hating it.

Everything was perfect.

-

Day 20

"Yoongi!"
The door was locked shut, my curtains pulled towards each other. The room was dark. I couldn't see myself, but I could feel my tatted arms wrapped around my skinny legs that were pushed up against my chest.
My head was down, and I ignored the banging on the door as my only friend Jackson, called out my name.

This seemed familiar......

Two minutes later all I heard was silence. Then I heard a door slamming, and I knew he was off to work. I was just doing fine the day before, why did it have to be ruined?

In the mail Jackson got a letter about a reunion. A high school reunion. Our high school reunion. He wants me to accompany him.

That meant going back to Daegu. That meant driving past my old house. That meant stepping foot inside the hellhole where everything started and finished.

I just couldn't.
I wasn't ready and I would never be ready. Jackson wanted me to visit there for closure, telling me that if I experienced being there as I was now, It would feel like a weight on my chest would be lifted because it would be different. That everything would be different.

Wrong.
I wasn't different. On the outside sure but on the inside I'm that same stupid scared beaten eleven year old, crying for their mom who was never their.

There was also the fact that one, everyone ended up hating or fearing me senior year.

Two, that two faced bitch Gogin might show up.

Three, my old friends and boyfriend would show up and they would most likely try to talk to me and catch up on "old times" and I for sure do not want to do that.

It doesn't matter if I was 90% sure they wouldn't recognize me. The anxiety and fear of them finding out would expose me to them as Min Yoongi, the dysfunctional senior who had abusive parents and almost killed himself.