💼31💼

Day 112

Third Pov

It's been a while since Yoongi held a cigarette in his hand, it's also been awhile since he's stood in front of Jungkook's childhood home, the reason he was smoking.

Jungkook was inside, and knowing how he was anxious, stated he could come in whenever. It's been ten minutes.

Yoongi finally had the courage to drop the cigarette and stomp the flame out, a little disappointed in himself that he'll come inside smelling like smoke.

The coat he wore he wrapped around his figure more, walking through the light snow with ease. It was only The end of July, the snow coming in a little early.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets all the way to the door, taking one out to knock once he's standing on the familiar porch.

The door opens, Mrs. Jeon greeting him with a welcoming smile. Even when she smells the small amount of smoke on Yoongi's body, she essentially ignores it and brings him inside.

"It's been a while Yoongi! Maybe a month? You haven't visited during that time!" Yoongi chewed on his lip. "Yeah, I just got caught up in things. I'm trying to go to college." The woman's eyes lightened up.

"Oh baby, I'm so excited for you! You'll be able to experience new things and finally be truly happy! I'm so proud!" Tears almost filled Yoongi's irises, seeing Mrs. Jeon as his first mom, before his real one came into the picture.

"Mom? Who's at the door?" Rae ran down the same stairs Yoongi used to run down when he was called for dinner, watching as Rae's expression froze as her eyes land on him. Mrs. Jeon sighed.

"Rae, this is Yoongi. Jungkook's friend, remember?" She nods, finally coming down the rest of the stairs slowly.

"Stay for dinner Yoongi. It's been seven years since you've set a foot in here. It's almost ready actually. My husband is out with Jungkook right now, so keep Rae company ok?" Yoongi nodded with a smile.

Rae sat on the couch, Yoongi sitting a foot away from her. Yoongi decided to take off his jacket, revealing his short sleeved shirt. He usually wears long sleeves, but he wasn't too self conscious about his tattoos anymore.

"Whoa..." Rae's eyes practically fell out of her head. "They're so cool!! When'd you get them! Why? How? Did it hurt?" In confusion, Yoongi pointed at Rae's shoulder.

"Mom and dad may be open, but they would never let me get a real tattoo until I'm at least 17. It's this fake marker that doesn't erase off that I used for the horse. I'm a pretty good drawer." Yoongi nodded.

"About my tattoos, I'll tell you about the ones on my arms. Rae's eyes widened. "You have more?!" With a grin Yoongi only chuckled.

He pointed to the top of his right shoulder, where a word resided. "What language is that?" Rae asked. Yoongi stared at his arm for a moment, a memory popping up into his head.

"Japanese. 平和." (Peace)
Rae looked up surprised. "You speak Japanese?" Yoongi shrugged with a proud grin. "Some, it means peace. The one down here, 内力 in Chinese, means internal force."

Rae was absolutely mesmerized, her eyes sparkling as she admired the ink on Yoongi's arms. "The internal force thing has to do with my demons, which I've fought with for my entire life. But, some peace has come along with it, like meeting your family again, and my friends. But at the time I got this four years ago, my peace was finally putting some really bad people away so that they wouldn't hurt anybody else."

"That's so cool." Yoongi didn't know how to feel, watching the 14 year old girl look up at him with admiration, it did something to his heart. "The flowers, on both my arms also represent the battle that I've had, and that I've finally won, the reason why the flowers are bloomed. The battle being my father and the very bad place I was in a few years ago."

Looking at his hands, Yoongi sighed, the memory not as great as the others that he's just mentioned. "My skeleton tattoos, they have a very sad story. Remember in the hospital room when I talked about my mother?" Rae nodded.

"Well I also remember telling you that I couldn't walk. Besides that, I broke all the bones in both my hands when I tried to break my fall when I fell onto a piece of metal in the ocean. I had intense therapy, therapy that took a lot of money out of my step fathers pocket. Once I felt ready at 24, in remembrance of his hard work, I got these bone tattoos. If you look on the inside of my wrist, there's a stack of money tattooed there too."

"That's, that's amazing. I'm sure that your step dad likes them from where he is now." Yoongi wanted to cry, nodding at Rae's sweet answer as she held his hand.

The front door opened, and in walked Mr. Jeon and Jungkook. "Jungkookie!" Rae ran up to her sister, helping her walk their dad towards the couch where Yoongi sat.
Once close enough, Yoongi also helped Mr. Jeon sit down, trying to not put too much pressure on his legs. Once Mr. Jeon was fully seated, Rae turned to Jungkook.

"Guess What Yoongi just told me! He-"
She stopped, turning around with a confused frown. "Can I tell Jungkook?" Yoongi gave her a nod of his head up and down. "You can tell your mom and dad too. In fact, you can tell anybody!" Rae grinned and turned back around to speak.

Mrs. Jeon entered the living room to announce that the food was ready, but Rae called her over for different plans. And as Yoongi watched, Rae explained his arm tattoos and hand tattoos and how he got them, excitement on her face as she gouged their raw reactions. At the end Jungkook had a hand over her mouth, trying not to cry. "Yoongi....." She trailed off and pulled said male into a hug, rubbing his back.

Mrs. Jeon was wiping her eyes with the backs of her hands, soon hitting Rae against the back of her head. "Ow! Mom?!"
Mrs. Jeon sniffled again. "Why would you tell me that right before dinner! Now my eyes are gonna be all red while I eat!" Rae sighed and Mr. Jeon laughed, a smile on his face.

"You're a strong boy Yoongi, really strong. All those years I missed seeing you around the house just helping out, or even raging with Jungkook on those video games. Come over more often." Yoongi clasped his hands behind his back and looked down, cheeks red.

He definitely will.

-

"Oh my God! That's so beautiful!" Jungkook told the others about the meaning of Yoongi's tattoo's with his permission, warming the hearts of the others as they listened. "That last one was super sad though, he's been through a lot."

Namjoon rubbed his fiancé's shoulder softly. "Agreed." Jimin decided to speak up, wanting the others to praise Yoongi even more. "He showed me his other tattoos."

They all turned to him. "What? When?"
Jimin looked down in thought. "I don't know, about a week ago? But literally how he explained them made me just want to kiss him so bad!" Taehyung laughed at Jimin, calling him desperate. Jimin rolled his eyes and ignored him.

"He has a pattern of stars on his calf. He said that he got the tattoos because even when he's alone, he can look up at the sky and feel comfort."

Jungkook looked ready to cry again, with Taehyung by her side comforting her.

"And he has a tattoo on his thigh. Apparently a few years ago he got beat up pretty badly because he said something about this guys girl and that's how he got the scar next to his lip and the other small scars on his face. He said he got it so that he's reminded that when someone knocks him down he can get up and knock them down harder than they did him. Later he beat them up because they tried to rob him."

Hoseok broke out laughing, holding his sides. "Karma is a bitch! That's hilarious!" Namjoon chuckled by his side, shaking his head. Jimin hesitated, not sure if he should mention the last tattoo.

Instead he didn't, feeling like that was a super private one that Yoongi didn't want going around behind his back.

"Yeah, those are the only tattoos he's showed me."

-

Lynn~~