Chapter 3

Hours have past after the meeting, the battle ended and as what they all expected, only 3 people survived in the death match. The survivors are Dark from Masked Lotus, Li from Red Phoenix and Sun from Dawn Shadow.

Sane nodded as he smile proudly at his member who died and who survived. Dark told him that Ruby, Yuki, Nine and Levi sacrifice themselves to protect him. They cover him so that he could finish the match safely. Sane didn't get wrong in training his members. They really took his lessons.

He once said to them that "If you want to win in every battle, never become a selfish person"

They took it seriously, this is the reason why they would risk their lives for 1 person. They already know that in that battle, they all can't survive. If they don't protect each other, they'll die.

Sometimes, new recruit people would want to train with them and learn a lessons from the well known ruthless leader.

When everyone thought he is ruthless, the members of Masked Lotus would just chuckle as for them, he's just not good at socializing.

"Bury them in the backyard, make sure to put their names on" He then went to his room to get some rest.

This is the first time they've lost a members. And the fact that those members are the loyal friends of their leader make them worried.

"Is my brother fine?" They all turn their gaze to the beautiful lady wearing a leather jacket and white crop top. "We don't think he is alright shijie" Dark answered unsurely as he lower his head.

Yanli nodded and put on her mask before leaving them. Dark motioned them to help him bury his teammates.

On the other side

Xichen still couldn't move on what Sane did to him. He really looks like a fool back there for goodness sake.

He never expected that Sane would do that. "Brother" Xichen look up to his younger brother and smile though it's obvious that he is not fine.

"What is it Wangji?" He asked to the younger. "You look bothered" Wangji answered directly and shortly.

"Am I?" Xichen smile and shook his head. Wangji nodded and just left with no words. And then, Xichen back to being annoyed again.

Who wouldn't be? His team losses and Sane fooled him. It's really embarrassing. If it were me, I would have punish everyone I see, just to get away from embarrassment.

Now I keep mentioning the same words.

"Sane, you big devil" He gaze at the Masked Lotus's camp and sighed. Just then, something caught his eyes. The lotuses in the pond at the center of their camp. "It looks homely" He whispered to himself.

Of course it is, who wouldn't feel at home when the place you are living is full of life. Life that give joy to the people living there. They look like a normal people living in the far away village, away from danger.

"The ROYALTIES camp was never been a home, it's more like a prison with more than a thousands of rules" Once again, he sighed. Should I start counting on how many sigh he did today?

Xichen is right actually, ROYALTIES camp was never been a home, even the other camp. It's so different from the Masked Lotus Camp. He envy them without knowing that Sane also envy them. Why? Because ROYALTIES have a great master that is one of the officials. Lan Qiren never did leave them all by their own, he trained them thoroughly even when he is an official. While his father just watch them train themselves, help themselves up and build their own strategy. His father is selfish, even when he show the good side of him to everyone, the Masked Lotus Team doesn't see the same, all they see is the fake face of Sane's father.

Dawn Shadow also have Huaisang's brother who would check them everytime he needed to. He also teach Huaisang the basic way to win.

While the Red Phoenix and Black Serpent had nothing but themselves. Zixuan's father is a jerk and Wen Qing's uncle is a bastard. They only care for their position, not them.