Chapter 18

Staying inside the room alone with the person you've been with in the arena before, really does help to relieve your worries. Because, at least you know that he's fine after all those years you are away from each other with no contacts or even connections.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen may not be close, but as they talk about their past, they seems to be getting along and comfortable to each other. They both talked about how Jiang Cheng built this gang outside and owned the company that Uncle Yu had been managing after Madam Yu died.

They also talked about Lan Xichen's company that joined the top 5. And their child of course. There's no way they would forget about their child in the conversation.

Lan Xichen also spotted the difference of the Jiang Cheng now and the Sane before. Jiang Cheng is warmer and happier than before, the scary aura cannot be compared to his aura now. He's more open to him and doesn't even care about how he sees him. And his smile is ethereal.

But what makes Jiang Cheng so cool now is his way of talking. He has a rough voice before, however, it's sofer now. 'I'm gonna fall' Inside the thought of the older man with a sweet smile.

"Lan Xichen?" Jiang Cheng called after seeing Lan Xichen distracted about something. The older guy looked at him and blinked twice as he realized that he was actually distracted of his own thought.

"I'm sorry" He apologetically smiled to Jiang Cheng and looked away. "Let's grab something to eat" Jiang Cheng replied as he took his jacket and left the room.

Lan Xichen followed him closely, but dare not to walk side by side.

"It's close" Jiang Cheng uttered as he turn to face Lan Xichen with a sour face. "Why don't we dine at my house?" Lan Xichen hopefully looked at him as he wished that he would accept his invitation. The younger male stared at him for a while before he happily accepted it, but there's no way he will leave his daughter here, so he called her.

"I'll give you five minutes to get here at Mr. Hu's Restaurant, don't be late or else" That's sounds like a threat and with less than five minutes, Gu Xiang arrived at the place and pants heavily.

Lan Xichen on the other side was forcing himself to smile despite feeling nervousness and awkwardness. They are just comfortable with each other earlier, but maybe it's better to have the Sane before, back.
------
After arriving at Lan Xichen's house, they were welcomed by Jingyi. And seeing him made Gu Xiang's blood boiled.

As soon as their eyes met, they started bickering and bickering and bickering. "When will they stop?" Lan Xichen asked, feeling that he has no rights to butt in the young's fight. "Let them be, I'm hungry" Jiang Cheng answered as he roam around to find the kitchen. After getting there, he opened refrigerator and find so much foods inside.

His face lit up when he saw his favorite cake, so he took it without permission. Lan Xichen didn't even have a time to tell him that the cake is his son's gift for his crush. 'How am I going to explain this?' He asked himself problematicaly, but still happy that he finally found the one he was searching for 10 freaking years.

"How I wish my mother to bake me something like this again..." Jiang Cheng stated after finishing the whole slice of cake. Though he feels embarrassed, but he just couldn't stop the urge to taste this again.

Of course, Lan Xichen feel bad after hearing the younger male's wish. "This is so weird, I don't thing I've changed, but just now, I think I am" Jiang Cheng added and his voice become rough again.

"You did, you are more like your brother now" Lan Xichen replied though he and Wei Wuxian aren't close. Well, he knows how shameless that man is. His brother wouldn't have liked him if he's not. Wei Wuxian is one of a kind, you know.

"That idiot is a total freak" Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes and went back to where his daughter and Lan Xichen's son are. They stopped bickering, and now they are talking about who their crushes are.

"Am I seeing it wrong? They got close just like that?" Lan Xichen asked as he stood up beside Jiang Cheng. "They both have the same attitude. Of course, they would get close easily." Jiang Cheng answered calmly.