Chapter 8

The day after yesterday, Lan Xichen haven't hear anything from the Masked leader. Their camp was way too silent for the first time.

He was wondering if something happened. Once he build up his mind, he prepared to pay visit on their camp which he doesn't usually do.

When he entered, he was welcome with a pair of gun in his head. Flynn and Reign take down their guns and lead him to their leader's quarter as he asked for it.

But instead of seeing Sane, he saw Dark. "May I ask where Sane is?" He asked eagerly. As much as he wants to see the guy. "Uncle had dismiss him from being a leader and so he left with no goodbyes." Dark answered weakly as he look up.

Lan Xichen widen his eyes in shock and it is normal since Sane is known for being unreplaceable. "I don't want this and he knows it. Zewu-jun, the whole team was in deep trouble. I am maybe a good fighter but I was never been in the position of leadership." Dark added or more like begging the older to guide him.

Just what the hell is Jiang Fengmian thinking? Does he really think that Dark could handle everything just because he was Sane's former right hand man. That old man really has no shame. For sure, the whole arena will be shock hearing this news.

"Can I atleast know his name? I honestly want to find him" Dark lower his head for a second before looking back at him again. "Zewu-jun, be more thoughtful. We didn't masked our identity for nothing. Even before the arena had built, he was already kicked out in the family. Uncle just take him back to present to everyone, even though he doesn't trust his own son's strength of leading the team." Dark answered with a slight annoyance written on his face

Sometimes, he really doesn't understand how his uncle's brain work. He witnessed how Sane got manipulated by his own father when he is still living with them. He witnessed how Sane broke in tears when his mother died. He witnessed how Sane manage to fight back even when he's in so much pain. He witness everything but stay silent.

Yanli tried to take him back but he refused because Sane knows that he cannot get the freedom he wanted if he stayed with them.

Lan Xichen left with heavy feeling. Once he get back to his quarter, he slump his body on the bed and sighed.
'Just where the hell are you?' he thought deeply. The deeper he thinks the more his mind gets tired.

The day that was supposed to be a good day is so close of being the most unlucky day. He didn't seem to heard the door opened. "Xichen" He was so quick to stood up that he almost fall. Lan Qiren look at him worriedly, even though he's keeping his stern face.

"Uncle, do you know something about Sane?" It would be a lie if Xichen didn't kinda miss him. He always love how the man woul scowl at him and would always clicked his tongue when he disapprove something. Sane is such a gift. He has this charm in him that makes everyone shivered and at the same time amuse. "Xichen, worry about your team more" Lan Qiren really doesn't want to blow up Sane's identity.

Why would he? Sane already told him that Xichen might asked him about Sane's identity. He also want his nephew to find it out all by himself. At least it's not something that hard. "But uncle..."Xichen didn't finish his words when his uncle spoke, "The person behind that mask is just an innocent son being manipulated by his father and witness his mother got killed. An innocent man who grow up without feeling his father's love for him. An innocent soul that only wish to be freed from the suffering. An innocent person who changed out of pain he felt since the day he understand the world he is in" With that words, Lan Qiren patted his nephew.

"Xichen you can ask me the same person again when you finally realize if that feelings of yours for him is in friendly manner or if that feelings is just a pure romantic" It somehow made Lan Xichen think hardly. Does he really like this man or he just want to be friends with him?

$&$&$-#(#-$-#&$+_&$-$&$-$-$-$+$--$_-

I know it is lame!!!

All right so yeah this story is short so maybe sooner or later it will be finish.

I still don't know if I should make JC to be the top this time or just stay at what he used to be in my other stories. Hello, I'm still adjusting. I thought I could really update in my facebook more often but I guess I was wrong.

I am also saying this will be my last work but there is still one story that I haven't posted nor finished it. It stays hidden in my notes and I am pretty worried that it might lost but I hope it won't. It is something I really want to finish but of course I'll finish this first.