Chapter 10

"What's wrong dad?" Jingyi asked as soon as the waiter made his way back to the kitchen. "That girl earlier is Mianmian's daughter" Lan Xichen smiled brightly but before Jingyi could utter a word, Lan Xichen's phone buzzes.

Lan Xichen answered it and it turns out to be his assistant. "What is it?" He asked over the phone. "The President of Lotus Pier Corporation is asking for your presence Mr.Lan" His assistant answered.

He sighed and look at his son before replying, "I'll be there after our lunch" With that, he ended the call. "What was that dad?"

"Someone is asking for my presence, so after this, I might not be able to take you back home" Lan Xichen answered and once again sighed.

Jingyi just nodded and even grinned widely. This silly kid is really a positive person.

>>>>>>>>>>>Skip

After their lunch ended, Lan Xichen left for a meeting with the president of LPC.

He then head exactly to where they are and saw Dark sitting on the couch.

"Dark?" Lan Xichen called and was responded by a smile from the man. "You are the president of LPC?" He asked surprisingly. "I'm just an acting president" Dark answered that somehow caught Lan Xichen's interest in the topic.

Lan Xichen sat on his chair while staring directly to Dark. "Uncle had given his position to Sane right before he died but since Sane is nowhere to be seen, I have taken the position temporarily." Dark pause for a second as he breath deeply.

"And I'm here to form a partnership with your company for the better" He continued and hand the papers to Lan Xichen.

Lan Xichen had thought it for a second as he finished reading the letters on the paper. "As you can see, I still have to discuss this matter with the board member so I guess, I'll just give you a call when it's done" Lan Xichen professionally replied to Dark.

Dark hand him a business card which his name is imprinted. "So you are Wei Wuxian" His lips formed a curve as he mentioned that name. His brother is so whip in this man but doesn't have the guts to confess.

"Is there something wrong with that?" Wei Wuxian asked with suspension in his voice. "Nothing" Lan Xichen answered briefly but of course he sounded suspicious.

Wei Wuxian left after that while Lan Xichen closed his eyes in tiredness. He doesn't know why but his body feels so heavy that he couldn't bring himself up.

Is this how it feels when you can't get what you want? Being unable to find the person you miss.

On the other side.

"Dad!!!" A girl in her teenage called the man standing in the car with his arms crossed against his chest. "Silly, who told you to run?" The man asked sternly but still respond a smile to the girl. "I'm already old dad! Look I'm college now" The girl replied and pouted.

The man shook his head and flicked the girl's forehead as soon as she got in front of her father. "A-xiang, you are still naughty" Jiang Cheng uttered and invite her daughter to get in the car. The father and daughter went to their house. It wasn't so big but it is homely. Just like the home they once have inside the Black Arena.

Jiang Cheng had legally adopted his friends only daughter. A-xiang knows it from the very start. Of course, they were together all those years. They made it from the bottom to top.

They are both open to each other. They also look like a siblings, maybe because Jiang Cheng looks young and their age aren't that far from each other. Jiang Cheng is only 27 and A-xiang is 18. By all means, Jiang Cheng is only 17 when they met.

"Dad, don't you feel weird that I call you dad when you are just 9 years older than me?" A-xiang finally asked after a long time of keeping it herself.

"Your parents are only 27 when they had you, so what's wrong with being a father at being 9 years older than you?" Jiang Cheng asked back but truth to be told, he wants to know if he is a good father or not.