6 -

~~~
3 years Later
~~~

Toni <3

"Toni!" Mother called for me from the kitchen. Quickly I fixed my dress and ran downstairs.

"Good Morning, mother." I said with a bright smile. Walking over I gave her a side hug and she kissed the top of my head.

"How's my new six-teen year old, huh?" She pinched the sides of my cheeks and laughed. I pouted at the gesture while pushing her hands away.

"Don't you think I'm a little too old for that now, mother?" She just kissed her lips at me before waving me off.

"Where's that animal of your's?"

"Her name is Damita, mother. And she's at the vet. She seems a bit sick."

"I don't know why you still have that thing."

"It's our baby!"

Mother snickered

"Janet called earlier, you were sleep. She's coming for your birthday. See if she's left yet." I squealed as I ran over to the phone. Clicking her number that was now on speed dial I listened to it ring. Within a few seconds someone answered.

"Hello...? This Toni?" A husky voice spoke.

"Heyy, Randy.." I said flirtatiously. I've always liked Janet's brother. But she never tells him, no matter how much I ask her to.

"I hear it's your birthday? I should come see you."

"I don't think so rat boy!" I heard Janet's voice screaming in the back. Followed by the two wrestling for the phone. Janet eventually won as usual. I just laughed, she'd always been protective of me when it came to anybody she knew I had interest in.

"Hello, Damita." I said playfully.

"Hi, Michele." She responded in a dry tone. It told me she was upset.

"Are you coming to see me for my birthday?!!" I nearly yelled into the phone. I heard Janet's soft laughs on the other side of it.

"Duhh, mother and I are leaving soon. We should be there in a few hours. I can't wait to see you."

"Okay!! I can't wait to see you either, I've missed you so much. You and that attitude" I joked.

"Janet!" Katherine yelled in the background. It was so loud I pulled my ear from the phone.

"I've gotta go bye, love you."

Before I could even say "I love you" back she'd hung up. I frowned my eyebrows in concern and just looked at the phone for a second. Than the door bell rung and mother told me to go answer it. When I did there stood my friend from school, Bree.

"Short stakeeeeeeeee" she exclaimed before grabbing me in her arms. I bursted into laughed as she spun me around. Bree has always been on the more masculine side. And her cologne was rather intoxicating.

"B, put me down I'm getting dizzy." I said while still laughing.

"Oh yeah."