23 -

Thanks for 2k reads!❤️ I tried to update early but I have to use a laptop and I can't see without my glasses... I'm sorry 😭✨.

Janet and Toni returned to her mothers house like planned, not much words were spoken in the car. Once the women arrived Toni nearly flew to her mothers arms. Which wasn't unusual after one of her explosions. Janet observed her bestfriends interactions with her mother. Seemingly not much had changed between the two. Both Toni and her mother knew things about Toni's marriage that Janet did not. That was made clear later on.

A knock at the door caused all three women to look over in that direction.

"I'll get in." Said Janet. She walked over to the door and unlocked it. Once opening it she seen Toni's wife. Janet rolled her eyes and slammed the door in Bree's face. preventing her from coming in. She walked back into the living and received stares from Toni and Evelyn.

"Who was it?" Asked the women in unison.

"Your wife." Said Janet as she sat on the couch. Moments later Bree walked in with a red face and a bandaged arm.

"Hello, Evelyn." Bree greeted her wife's mother. Mrs. Braxton simply rolled her eyes at the uninvited guest. waving her hand rudely. Toni sat up from laying her head in her mothers lap and stared at her wife.

"You ready?" Asked Bree she held her hand out for Toni to take and she did just that. Bree tried to kiss her wife but in returned received a painful smack to the lips.

"Don't try no mess like that. Mother has been dying for an excuse to use her new switch from the yard." Toni snapped as she pulled her hand away from Bree. Evelyn and Janet snickered as Bree's face grew even more red.

"Jan, I'll call you later?" Toni asked her best friend as she walked over for a hug. Janet nodded her head as she kissed Toni's cheek. Purposely making it close to her mouth. Nearly touching the corner of her lips. Bree cleared her throat obnoxiously, causing Evelyn to throw a magazine at her head.

"Have some respect in my home. Actually go outside and wait, you reek of cheaters guilt." Evelyn hissed at the woman. Without protest Bree left her mother-in-law's home and sat in the car.

Toni hugged her mother one last time before heading to the door and joining her wife in the car. As she snatched the keys from Bree's hand the women sat in silence. The tension thick enough to cut with a knife.

"I don't like when you're all up on that Janet bitch." Bree said to her wife. Never taking her eyes off the road Toni once again popped her wife in the mouth, as if she was a child. Bree groaned in pain but dared not to hit her wife back. The couples relationship wasn't at all abusive, just at times Toni's anger did get the best of her.

"Please call her a bitch again so I can crash this car with both of us in it, Briana. Please try me."

"I told you about that name." The woman mumbled.

"Sign the papers and you won't have to hear it, no?" Toni snapped back. Toni had filed for divorced about three months ago.

"No."

Toni scoffed and rolled her eyes. the rest of the ride had minimal speaking. Both women had attitudes and refused to speak. Toni pulled into her therapist's office after another ten minutes of driving.

"What chu' doing? I don't go to sessions with you." Said Bree.

"You're not, I have one and I don't like to be late." Toni gathered her things and left the car. Her wife following after her.