.intoxictated.

"Oh, hello" Kai says walking into the room before sitting next to Lydia on the table, he handed her a Wispa and Fanta.
"Nice shirt." Elena replied while giving them a weird look.
"Well, thanks. Yeah, somebody burned my other one. Which was awesome, by the way." Kai said raising his eyebrows and Elena smiled sarcastically.

"I am starting to see why Damon digs you. You are crazy-pants well your not that crazy compared to Mazeline. Oh, it sucks about that shirt, though" Kai said while Lydia just ate her chocolate.
"So you can care about an inanimate object, but not the people that you kill?" Elena asked him.

"Oh-" Kai started before grabbing his drink.
"Is this going to be like an episode of "Ricki Lake" where I come face-to-face with my demons and change for the better?" Kai asksed her and Lydia chuckled but hid it with coughing.

"Have you really not cared about anyone?" Elena asked stating to get noisy, Kai stares blankly at Elena before Lydia then back at Elena.
"I guess I liked my brother, Joey. We played Dr. Mario together and he'd always win. Actually, one of my favorite memories is when I finally beat him" Kai says while smiling as does Elena, Lydia just watches as she knew Kai was going to say something after.
"Of course, my favorite memory is when I finally beat him to death." Kai added in while Elenas smile dropped and looked disgusted, Lydia rolled her just as Kai kept smilling.

"You don't have to waste your energy trying to change me. If Ricki taught me anything, it's that liking yourself is the most important thing. And I like me." Kai told her still smiling before making her blood acid again and Elena screaming in pain, Lydia looked away ignoring everything.

-15 minutes later-

"Your sister never shuts up" Kai moans while standing up and looking at Lydia.

"You never shut up" Lydia replied smiling.

"No like seriously, your nothing like her. She's just self centered and your not" Kai admits and Lydia noticed how easily Kai went soft with her, slightly like he trusted her.

"Well maybe because we aren't actually related" Lydia mentioned and Kai clicked his fingers remembering.
"Oh right yeah, totally don't forget at all. You rang him?" Kai asks her now sitting next to Lydia.
"No" Lydia replied and Kai quickly grabbed her phone and logged on. Kai slightly lifted his hand and started dialling the number.

"Wait no" Lydia demand but Kai stood up getting away from her and before Lydia could do anything else the number started ringing, Kai smiled at her and passed the phone.

He sat back down again next to Lydia and gently held her hand.
"If anything bad happens, I'm here. Always will be" Kai admits and Lydia titled her head before smiling slightly.