.is it working.

"For fuck sakes" Kai spoke up as the baby started to cry, he turned around and hide his face under the pillow hoping he would fall back to sleep however the baby thought other wise. She carried on crying up to the point Kai lifted himself up looking over at Lydia.

"Maze" He shook her and she just mumbled and opened her eyes slowly.
"The baby is crying" Kai metioned stating the obvious.

"You can go get her" Lydia replied and Kai just tiled his head.
"Just go get her" Lydia repeated and he doubtly looked at her before grabbing the baby by her stomach, he quickly made his way to the bed and sat down still with the baby crying.

He attempted to quite the baby by rocking her slowly however that didn't work, Kai tried talking to her and it still didn't work.
"Come on just be quite" He mumbled but the baby kept crying.

He just looked up to the roof still rocking her waiting for her to quite down, the next time he looked down he noticed he was siphoning off the baby, she started to cry even louder now waking up tired Lydia. She noticed and turned the lampshade on with her magic, Lydia quickly held onto his spare hand so he siphoned off her not the baby.

"She's a witch" Kai randomly mentioned.
"Well she's got a ritual witch as a mother and a siphoner father, so I'm not surprised" Lydia replied noticing Kai just watching her while she cried out.

"Move forwards on the bed" She said and Kai just did as she said, Lydia sat behind them and gently pulled Kai down so he was resting on her but still high enough to rock the baby. Conjoining her hands with his, she placed them on the baby and rocked her hands in a certain rhythme. Lydia just simply smiled and Kai slowly gained one, their baby had fallen asleep however they kept rocking her.

"She kept crying for the past hour, I just let her and didn't attempt to quite her down so I could sleep but miss drama queen had different plans" Kai admitted.
"Looks like she's already taking after you, thinking of multiple plans at once to annoy people" Lydia replied and Kai just grinned.

"I thought that my aunt Rebekah could look after her while we go out?" Lydia offered.
"I understand if you don't want to, just thought we could have some time just me and you" Lydia added on and Kai fell back into her looking up to look into her emerald green eyes.
"I was in when you metioned going out" Kai admitted and Lydia pulled her face downwards and placed a kiss on his forehead.

-The morning-

"Thank you so much, if she's any trouble just ring me" Lydia told Rebekah and she smiled before nodding her head. Elijah and Klaus were both sat on the sofas reading while Kai stood next to Lydia.
"I will sweetheart. Go have some fun, you both deserve it" Rebekah told them and Lydia smiled at her.

They both started to leave but Rebekah quickly got their attention.
"What's her name?" She asked peaking Elijahs and Klaus attention.

Kai was sat in bed next Lydia while she had their baby in her arms just starring at her.
"So is this the part where we name her?" Kai asked and Lydia chuckled.
"Yeah it is" Lydia replied and looked up to him.
"Got any ideas since my choice will definitely overthrow yours" Kai sarcastically said.
"Someone's being sarcastic" Lydia metioned and Kai smirked at her.

"But I do have a name in mind, well  first name"Lydia admitted and Kai raised his eyebrows.
"Evie" Lydia simply told her and Kai just nodded his head multiple times.

"After your mom" Kai muttered and Lydia just kept her smile.
"You remember?" Lydia asked.
"Well obviously or else I wouldn't of said it" Kai replied and she just chuckled.