The Nightmare.

Play the video attached for immersion I guess.

Y/N POV
I nod off, but I wish I didn't. I start dreaming.
My eyes open in a field. I feel the familiar sensation of my uniform and my equipment strapped to my waist. I look around and I'm in a trench. I peak over a parapet. I'm back at The Somme. Suddenly I hear loud yell. Not a commanding officer yell, a yell of pain. I look out to no man's land, and see a injured soldier. He's a Brit. I look at him, he's crying. I can hear him.

British soldier: Mother! I want my mother!

Suddenly I hear a howitzer go off behind me I look the soldier in the eye, he looks back at me. I feel my eyes start watering.

Y/N: I'm so sorry. I wish I could save you.

He gives me a small smile, one that said "I forgive you." But before the Brit can respond with words, a artillery shell strikes him in the abdomen, and explodes, I can feel some of the poor bastards innards splatter against my Pickelhaube. I start crying. The only difference between me and that soldier was my uniform. Suddenly, a officer grips my shoulder roughly. He spins me around and starts screaming.

Officer: Hör auf, Soldaten zu weinen! Wir gehen in zwanzig Minuten vorbei! Reiß dich zusammen und Mann hoch!

Y/N: Jawohl mein Herr!

Roughly translated, he told me to man up and get my shit together, and that we were going over in twenty minutes. Fuck, the one order no soldier wanted to hear. We were to charge the enemy trench. Twenty, peaceful minutes pass. I hear the officer start screaming

Officer: EINS

My heart starts pounding.

Officer: ZWEI

My breath gets heavy, my head starts racing with thoughts of my loved ones.

Officer: DREI! RAUS RAUS RAUS!

I bolt over the parapet. I jump in and out of shell holes, and purposely dug holes. I look over and see Heinz, he looked at me and smiled, when a bullet penetrated his helmet.

Y/N:  HEINZ! NEIN!

I start crying again, but still push forward. Then the machine guns started. I managed to creep between shell craters again. Then I looked over and saw Fritz, my brother and best friend, get struck by a mortar.

Y/N: FRITZ!

I run over to him, and he croaks his final words.

Fritz: Tell mother I loved her, see you in Hell, little brother.

His eyes start to flutter shut, and the blood from his head wound floods the bottom of the shell crater.

Y/N: Fritz, don't leave me! You son of a bitch, don't you dare die on me.

He gives me one last smile, then his eyes shut for the last time.

Y/N: No, no, NO NO NO! YOU SON OF BITCH YOU BETTER WAKE BACK UP!

His body goes limp. I pull his rifle out, put my bayonet on it, and stick it in the mud. I grab his helmet and stick it on the end. Then I grab his bayonet, and stick it in my sheath. I suddenly feel myself black out. I wake up screaming, sweat rolling down my forehead. I start crying loudly. Suddenly Loona busts through door.

Loona: Y/N?! WHATS GOING ON?

She looks as though she watched her father get shot, and then had the gun pointed at her. I just keep crying, as I'm not thinking rationally. She quickly jumped into the bed and started hugging me. I hug her back, my tears matting her previously well kept fur. She starts soothingly talking to me, like a mother talks to a sad child.

Loona: There there, let it out. When you feel ready to talk, tell me, I'll listen. I'm here, don't worry you're safe, you'll be okay.

Y/N: Why did it have to be my brother!? Why did he die!?

She looks confused, but continues to comfort me. God, I don't know what I did to deserve such a amazing woman.  She hugs me tight, I feel warm, safe, and as if nothing can touch me. I calm down enough to the point where I can talk.

Y/N: T-thanks Loona.

Loona: No problem babe, do you feel like talking about it yet?

Y/N: I'll try.

I tell her about my nightmare. The trench, the officer, about Heinz and Fritz. I almost bust down crying again, but Loona comforts me. She says,

Loona: Hush, you don't need to talk anymore, you've talked enough tonight. You've been to hell, now  you get to enjoy a somewhat better version of Hell with me, and the guys. We're all here, we're all on your side.

Y/N: What did I do to deserve you?

Loona: You came to Hell, now let's sleep, we still have work tomorrow.

Y/N: love you Loonie.

Loona: Love you too baby.

We hold each other. I fall asleep in her arms.

Chapter end.

Wheeew, had a difficult time writing that chapter, enjoy this meme as compensation.

I know it's not related but I made it and it's funny.