Chapter 22 - Guilty Pleasures

"It was the first time since the accident he was actually disappointed in me..." Effie said shaking her head. "I have mixed emotions, I'm glad he's treating me like a daughter again but I might of damaged our trust."

"Well," Finn said packing away his stuff from Mr Schues office. "I think you should just give him time. I mean you didn't know he was going to remember Puck did you?" Effie shook her head. "Plus, maybe if he remembers someone like Puck he can slowly start to remember other things."

"Hopefully." She said nodding. "So where will you go now?" She asked picking up a framed picture of him and Rachel and smiling at it. "I mean, I'd say I could help out but there's not much I can do."

"College." He said making Effie surprised.

"When did you get that idea?" Effie said in shock since his decision making was so fast. "I mean only like 4 months ago you had no idea what to do-"

"I know, I know." He said sitting down on the couch across from Effie who was still admiring the picture. "Marley came and gave me a...I guess you could call it a "pep talk"? But anyway, I've realised that I just can't sit and mope around. I know now that teaching is my dream job and that I'm actually really good at it."

"You are." Effie said smiling. "Hey," She said placing the photo back in the cardboard box along with everything else he packed. "I just wanted to say thank you for everything and that if you need anything, anything at all, just call me okay?" He smiled and nodded. "It might be weird coming from me but we were pretty close once."

"Ahh, that time me and Quinn got back together was a great few months." He said laughing and remembering the memories of him, Effie and Quinn. "And I know you are, same here, just call okay? Especially if Sam's being an extra big asshole and you need someone to sort him out."

"Of course." She said watching him stand up and go in for a hug. "I'll miss you Finn."

"You too." He said smiling. "How about you help me with these boxes and we can go for some frozen yogurt?"

"Deal." She said coming out the hug and grabbing a box. "But you're taking the heavy ones."

-----

"Why are we here?" Kitty asked walking in with Effie as they had linked arms making her say. "I thought Mr. Shue was sick?"

"He is." Tina said cheekily, glaring at Effie.

"Hey Tina," Effie said making Tina turn around and look at her again. "Just curious. Are you gonna go over to his house and straddle him while he's passed out and rub some vapo-rub on his chest?"

Everyone laughed as Kitty lightly punched Effie with a laugh. "Already said that one babe." Sam said giving Effie a kiss on the cheek as Tina rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on, guys." Blaine said watching as Sam did a childish spin making everyone laugh. "Regionals is only a few weeks away. Even without an adviser, we can't afford to miss one week of preparation."

"Which is why Blaine and I asked you all to come here." Sam said running over to the whiteboard. "We have come up with an assignment for this week."

"Please be songs about sweaters." Brittany mumbled as Sam wrote "Guilty Pleasures" on the board.

"Guilty pleasures." Sam shouted putting the marker down as everyone gave a bored and not interested reaction.

"Come on!" Blaine yelled. "We all have some musical shame." He looked at everyone. "You know what I'm talking about. You know, that secret love we dare not speak, but when it comes out on the radio, you can't help but turn up the volume and sing along?"