Chapter 4 - Soda Pop

"You're taking me to a childrens ward?" Jake said confused. "Wait, so that's why you asked me to get my guitar?"

"Yes," I smiled and nodded. "I love helping the children here, they're so lovely."

"How exactly is this mutually beneficial?" He asked stopping me.

"Jake, I know how you like to be classed at school or whatever you want. The womanizier, the bad boy, the heartbreaker etc. But I thought," I said taking his guitar off him. "I thought that today would be the day I see Jake, the guy with a heart. Not the bad boy or the heartbreaker, but the Jake that's not afraid to be himself."

He didn't say anything, he just nodded slightly. I lead him through a room and after a logging in we went into a small room filled with unwell children. Some of them had no hair due to chemo, I've been here a few times to sing to them or amuse them. Some of them looked familure and when they waved to me they made my heart skip a beat.

"Hey guys!" I said smiling and placing the guitar down infront of me, I hugged one of the children that ran up to me. "Sorry I couldn't be here the other day, I had some things to do, but to make it up to you, I brought one of my friends along. This is Jake."

"Hey, guys." He said with a small smile, he must have been nervous.

"Jake is an amazing singer," I said looking at him. "So, this week in my glee club, there was an assignment that we had to do Britney, so I have a few songs for you."

("Soda Pop" by Britney Spears.)

I whispered the song to Jake making him take out his guitar and begin strumming. The song was slower than the original which made me happy, but still had an upbeat vibe to it.

Effie: Ooh-Ooh, ah, here we go now, oh.
Jake: Like a great boy, all my other women are insoles. We're thinkin 'bout the great exphidition as popped we chose.
Effie and Jake: So here we come, throwing here.
Jake: Throwing here all on the scene, though we go, on and on. come, come follow me Effie.
Effie: Yeah.

I watched him as he sang to the kids, he genuinely looked as if he was enjoying himself. I liked Jake but he always has this armour on as if he was trying to protect himself. I walked around the room getting the kids up to dance.

Jake(Effie): Mm-hmm, soda pop, watch it fizz and pop the clock is tickin' and we can't stop. (can't stop now) Mm-hmm soda pop, bop, shu-bop the clock is tickin and we can't stop.
Effie: We might start riding to the music tonight, a clever way to get by, oh. The pops keep flowin' like its fire and ice, so give it a little blind, ooh.
Jake(Effie): Mm-hmm, soda pop, watch it fizz and pop,(mm-hmm) the clock is tickin' and we can't stop. (Now) Mm-hmm soda pop, bop, shu-bop the clock is tickin and we can't stop.
Effie (Jake): Ooh-Ooh. We have a plan, we have a definite plan, to level the vibes (vibes), to level vibes again (ooh-yeah). See, where ya ba-do for a superlative self, oh yeah, a wicked time to the end, oh yeah, so.

Jake had such a beautiful voice, as soon as we started singing together I could definitely feel the musical chemistry we had. I looked at him and blushed when he winked at me. Whilst I was singing the kids clapped along with me, I picked up Amanda and twirled around singing to her.

Jake (Effie): Mm-hmm soda pop, watch it fizz and pop (ooh). The clock is tickin and we can't stop (can't stop). Mm-hmm soda pop, bop, shu-bop shu-bop, the clock is tickin and we can't stop.
Effie (Jake): So much pop we're losing, sittin watchin the clock, so turn the tables baby, let's go over top (take it to the top now). No one else will do, I'm waiting for you, so show me what'cha got, just take a pop shot, and we will never stop shu-bop, shu-bop, yeah, mm-hmm.
Jake (Effie): The clock is tickin and we can't stop, mm-hmm soda pop, bop, shu-bop shu-bop. The clock is tickin and we can't stop (can't stop).
Effie (Jake): Do it like we never have before (before, before, before) and lovin' it til we drop (we drop, ah, we drop yeah). We'll flex tonight until they break down the door (oh yeah). The party won't ever stop, so.
Jake (Effie): Mm-hmm soda pop, watch it fizz and pop (no, uh yeah). The clock is tickin and we can't stop (stop no), mm-hmm soda pop, bop, shu-bop shu-bop. Mm-hmm soda pop (no) watch it fizz and pop (oh). The clock is tickin and we can't stop (can't stop).