Chapter 6 - Election

"Nice," I said once Sam hit the note. "That is so much better than yesterday, you must have actually practiced."

This was the third day me and Sam stayed after school with me so he could learn a song with me and I really did enjoy his company. He's really funny, creative and extremely hot.

"Yeah," He said sitting down beside me on the piano chair. "So I asked Sugar if we could perform at the party for the winners of the election and she said yes."

"Really?" I said with a huge smile. "That's amazing. You and Blaine are definitely going to win, for sure."

"You think so?" He asked. "I just keep thinking I'm going so say something stupid or they're going to think I'm not good enough."

"Sam," I said looking at him. "You might not be the most academic person around here but what you lack in intelligence you sure make up with creativity. Why judge a goldfish on it's ability to climb a tree?"

"Thanks," He said smiling. "That really does mean a lot. Still doesn't stop me from being nervous."

"Okay," I said putting down my pen and turning to face him. "How about I make you a promise? I promise that you will win, might not exactly be a promise but if I break it then you have something to blame."

"I wouldn't blame you for my failure," He said moving closer. "Especially if it's not your fault."

"Hmmm," I said with a raised eyebrow and a teasing smile. "Sure."

He looked at me for a minute switching between my eyes and lips, as if he was about to make a move. I smiled and pushed him away making myself and him blush.

"So," I said standing up. "More practicing?"

"Or," He said pulling me back onto the seat. "You could show me one of those songs you have been keeping a secret, like that one about fathers."

"There's a reason they're secret." I said looking down at the ground. "Okay, how about if you win I will sing you one of my songs." I took a deep breath. "Any of them, but you can't tell anyone."

"Deal." He said taking me hand and shaking it. "Don't back out on me now."

"I won't," I said standing up once again. "Right, c'mon let's got practice."

----------

"Attention, miniscule segment of the student body." Sue said beginning the debate on stage. "Principal Figgins is out this week, with what he describes as religious fever."

The room was nearly empty, only a few people showed up, I sat near the front to support Sam. He was talking to me about it all day yesterday, he was always fidgeting with something, he must be terrified.

"There are two new utterly disheartening wrinkles to this year's absolutely pointless contest." Sue began. "First, the horrifying fact that this year's slate of candidates consists entirely of Glee Club members. And secondly, the inexplicable introduction of a vice presidential field for no discernable reason whatsoever."

"Separation of powers!" Stoner Brett said standing up trying to get us to agree with him. "Whoo!"

"So let's meet these second-tiered losers. You know them as the pimp and the gimp. Artie Abrams and Sam Evans." Sue said ignoring Stoner and sitting down. The boys came in and stepped up to the podium, well, Artie rolled. "Stumbles, my first question is for you. Who, in God's name, gives a hot, wet, steamy dump about student government?"

"I do and I think everyone in this room should to." Artie began but after that, it was mostly a blur, he talked a lot more than expected and needed.