Chapter 16 - LOVE

"Hey sweetie," My mum said watching me waddle into the kitchen seeking food. "Have a nice sleep?"

"Hmm?" I asked looking up half asleep. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, you?"

"Best I've had in a while." She said with a suspicious smile.

"Why do you look so happy?" I asked grabbing a box of cereal from a cupboard and sitting down in front of her. "Wait," I said opening my eyes fully. "You're not pregnant are you?"

"Oh my gosh Eff!" She shouted hitting my wrist gently. "No! I'm just..." She looked up to think with an award winning smile. "A lot happier than I usually would be."

"I'm glad to hear that." I said smiling back and taking her hand. "I mean with what's been going on with dad and stuff it is quite hard but it's nice to see you less stressed." She smiled and squeezed my hand before letting go to let me pour my cereal. "Will I ever find out why?"

"Soon." She said picking up her mug to take a drink. "But for now, I have another reason."

"Really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Do tell."

"Well I was looking on the school website," She said with a overreacted smile. "You have a Sadie Hawkins dance on Friday!"

"Oh God," I said making her hit my hand lightly.

"Language!" She exclaimed. "Anyway, Quinnie never got to ask a guy out for a dance, this is so exciting! Plus it's your first official high school dance!"

"Yay." I said sarcastically eating my cereal.

"Will you be asking that boy," She said trying to think of his name. "Sam?"

"Well he is my boyfriend, so yeah..." I said continuing eating my food.

"Well I can't wait to go dress shopping!" She said clapping her hands together. "We can go tomorrow after school."

"Can Kitty come?" I asked trying to get at least some say in this. "I said I would go with her because her mum is out of town at the moment."

"Oh yes," She said picking up her mug and standing up. "I love that Kitty, she reminds me of Quinn at your age. Very religious girl isn't she?"

"Yes," I said rolling my eyes at her little nip at me not being religious.

My mum and dad hated the fact that I was never as religious as Quinn or them, I just didn't really catch on to it. It's lovely to think that people get closer due to a something that happened so long ago or whatever but I just prefer the scientific view of it.

"Well I better be off, I'm going to meet one of my old friend." She said stroking my head. "I'll see you later."

-------

"I want to sit under Venus." Sugar said running into the Science classroom.

"I want to sit under Uranus." Sam said walking in behind us making us laugh. "What's so funny?"

I rubbed Sam's arm and laughed again sitting down beside him between him and Brit. We were really just taking any class we could get for Glee, it was weird at first but it's better than nothing.

"So this week in Glee Club," Finn said once we settled down. "It's ladies' choice, inspired by the Sadie Hawkins Dance."

"Which I thought of." Tina shouted proudly. "It was my idea."

"Yes, thank you, Tina." Finn said nodding.

"And every girl will sing to whoever they want to take to the dance." Finn said.