Chapter 30 - Regionals

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the 2013 Greater Midwest High School Show Choir Regionals." A very charismatic male voice said over the speaker as everyone settled down. "Now, please raise the roof for our distinguished panel of judges."

An grumpy looking man walked onto stage, looking stern, he gave a dry wave. His brown suit jacket that was too big for him made him look as sober as his shadow of a beard.

"Executive Director of Ohio State Supermax Penitentiary. Warden William Bobby!" The voice said.

As William left the stage a very angry -yet cheery- looking man with a red beard and mullet appeared from the sidelines, earning a lot of applause as he cheered himself on and flexed the lack of muscle he had.

"Wrongfully accused football legend. Coach "Fingers" Shafranski."

The two judges rolled a small clear rectangular box out on to the stage. Opening it, they revealed a small woman in a blue and red sparkly morph suit coming out the box, all out of shape and bent from being in such a small box but not looking uncomfortable, flexing to fit the box perfectly.

"And Indiana's number one circus contortionist Lady Marvellous!" The man over the speaker said as she did some tricks with her body which included a backwards crab and some other unnatural body bending movements. making some of the audience members squeamish.

"First up, their parents are rich and their voices are golden From Ziegler Prep in Cincinnati, it's The Waffle-Toots!" The male voice said as Lady Marvellous left and the curtains revealed a boy singing choir ready to sing.

"Marley and Effie were right." Ryder said over the Waffle-Toots who were singing.

"Ryder, thank God." Mr Schue said, seeing Ryder coming back, knowing the while routine wasn't screwed any more.

"I'm really only upset with one person." He said nodding and looking at Unique. "It wouldn't be fair to punish the whole team."

"Thank you." Mr Schue said with a sigh or relief. "All right."

"But, uh I have done a lot of thinking. And after Regionals is over, I'm officially leaving Glee Club." Ryder said nodding, making everyone slightly gloomy. "I'm sorry, Mr. Shue."

----

After the Hoosierdaddies had performed Brittany finally showed her face, wanting to take lead in the show choir circle, she put on a brave face and held Mr Schue's and Sugar's hand.

"All right, everybody." Mr Schue said gathering everyone else in. "Show circle. Come on in."

"New Directions! um, before we go on stage, I have something I want to tell you guys." Brittany said sweetly, looking around the circle of what had became her family over the years. "I got offered early admission to MIT. I never thought that I would graduate high school, let alone go to college, so I have to jump on this offer before it gets taken away. They want me to leave immediately. That's why I had that meltdown."

She giggled slightly through the tears, taking a deep breath, wanting for her possible last words at McKinley to be wise and meaningful and to make and impact on those who have ever felt like her. She wiped her tears before bouncing from her heels to tiptoes.

"Um my entire life, people have always told me that I was stupid. And after a while I started to believe them." She said making most of the Glee club and alumni cry. "And it wasn't until I walked in this room and I joined this club that I really started believing in myself. And as soon as I did that, as soon as I started believing that maybe I was smart after all, I think the whole world did, too."

She looked around the room again, bursting into more silent tears watching everyone's reactions that varied from sad and proud.

"And I'm really gonna miss you guys. 'Cause you guys are like my family. Mr. Shue's like our dad." She said leaning into Mr Schue who laughed. "And Mercedes and Tina and Sugar and Mercedes, you guys are all like my sisters." She said as Sugar leaned on her shoulder. "And Mike Chang and Blaine, Sam and Jim, you guys are all like my brothers."