Chapter 1

"You won't amount to anything in your life, you piece of shit", I didn't even flinch hearing those words because I had grown accustomed to it and much worse. My supposedly 'father' was in one of his drunken states again and after hitting my mother, I was his next target. I had gotten used to being abused almost daily and no matter how much I wanted, I couldn't leave. I was only 17 at the moment and in my last year of high school so I was still a minor. I hid in the attic room to not get hurt by him while he was drunk.

In my 17years of life, I don't remember a single time when he was actually sober and playing the role of being a 'dad' to me. After muffled crying, my body finally let loose and I fell asleep crouched in the tiny space. I was woken up by sunlight streaming in through the cracks of the window in the attic. My body ached from being in the tight space all night and I stretched a little.

When I finally got down, I saw that it was already late and I quickly changed my clothes into something presentable - not like I had anything except hoodies and after getting dressed, I ran a finger through my hair and ran out towards the school. The school was a little walk away but I didn't mind it as seeing I had no money for the bus and it gave me thinking room plus school was my haven from everything.

When I entered the school, I immediately headed to my first class which was maths and I had it with my best friend Blair. She had been my best friend ever since I first set foot in Clauadeth High which was 5 years ago when she kept on trying to talk to me until I finally gave in to her and we became inseparable ever since.

She was the utter opposite of me, as she had blonde hair with pink highlights and brown eyes and a height of five-three whereas I had jet black hair with porcelain skin, blue eyes which people said changed colors depending on this emotion I was feeling and a height of five-six. Today she was wearing a white tank top with ripped jeans and a cardigan and she looked fan-freaking-tastic. In my opinion, she could wear a damn garbage bag and still look like a goddess. She could have been the queen bee of our school except for the fact that she was lesbian and our school was full of homophobic idiots.

When she saw me enter the class, she frantically waved and I rushed over to her side and hugged her. I hate physical contact but yet yearn for it and I never hugged anyone except Blair. When the class finally settled down, our teacher Mr. Michael started teaching something about geometry and stuff but I didn't pay much attention because I was busy thinking about my problems, my shitty excuses for parents, and why me? That was the question that keeps me up at night, why me?

After the math class, Blair and I headed down the hall and I ignored the snickers of the students as they liked to label me and Blair as the weirdo and the lesbian. As we were walking down the hallway, I bumped into a rock-hard wall but only when I looked up did I realize that it was actually a person I bumped into. As I managed to steady myself, I finally got a good look at the person I had so rudely bumped into.

He looked like he walked straight out of the front cover of a magazine with those mesmerizing green eyes, wavy black hair which looked oh-so-perfect, and his clothes fit him in all the correct places and he easily stood at a height of six-three and towered above me. I quickly averted my eyes when I realized I had been staring at him shamelessly like a creep, and mutter a quick sorry feeling flushed and ran out the hallway and I didn't even check back to see if Blair was following me.

When I finally stopped outside under a tree and Blair caught up with me, she said "OMG DID YOU SEE HIM???Did you know that we were gonna have a new admission today so I think that must be him? He is such eye candy, I would go straight for him but I am not gonna be stealing your future husband plus I like girls so I am not going to duh.". An eye candy???He was the WHOLE CANDY SHOP.