Chapter 16

I looked up and saw the sky filled with dark gloomy clouds. A gust of wind blew, making me shiver. I searched for my blazer but to no avail. I looked around but couldn't find it. That's when I realized that I had left it at work.

I almost facepalmed at my forgetfulness.

Ugh, I was just so stupid at times. Erick removed his hoodie and handed it to me but I refused because then he would be cold!

"I'll be fine Athena. Just take it," he said pushing it towards me.

Reluctantly I put on his hoodie which was extra large on me. The hoodie was very warm and smelt like him so that was definitely a plus. I snuggled closer into him and wrapped my arms around his neck. I would have been afraid to do it earlier but now I had much more confidence.

He felt like home. He was home.

As that realization dawned on me, for the first time it didn't scare me. The prospect of Erick being home wasn't scary, it was beautiful, freeing even. How I wished I could stay like that forever but the sky had other plans.

It soon started raining and we rushed inside the car.

"Phew, that was close. Now we can peacefully watch the rain here and enjoy your favorite weather" Erick said.

"How did you know that it's my favorite weather?" I asked him confused.

"Because I know you"

That sentence was worth everything. He knew me. That intimacy of him knowing me was priceless. I played with my hands to distract myself.

"Wanna go out in the rain Erick?" 

He looked hesitant at the idea but still grinned and nodded. We both quickly opened the car doors and ran out in the rain. We put on music in the car and danced our hearts out.

We were no experts in the art so we just did what we wanted. Erick tried to moonwalk and I laughed at his failed attempts. A slow song came on and I stood there frozen while Erick came closer to me.

"Could I get this dance miss?" he asked while bowing down.

"Yes sir," I said deciding to go along with his antics.

We danced and Erick guided me all along the way. When the song slowly came to an end he dipped me down and pressed his lips against mine. No matter how many times he kissed me, every single time would be even more magical than the last one.

A few hours later

I had been tossing and turning all night yet I still couldn't sleep. It was also because I was scared of having the nightmare again. Blair snored lightly beside me, fast asleep. Oh, how I wish I could do that. Would Erick be awake right now?

I mean it was only ten at night so maybe..should I go to his room? I contemplated both parts and then decided to head to his room. If he would be awake, I would sleep beside him, if not then I would come back.

I nodded at this plan and picked up my favorite pillow. I walked as quietly as possible to his room and was glad when I saw light shining from under his door.

"Erick" I whispered and knocked lightly on the door. The door opened with a swoosh, making me stumble back.

"Athenaa?" Erick questioned in a sleepy voice.

God, his voice was so attractive when he was sleepy.

I shook this thought out and focused on the task at hand. It seemed as if he was getting ready for bed when I knocked.

"So basically I couldn't sleep and then I was scared of getting nightmares and when I slept with you yesterday. Oh-no, I mean when I slept beside you, not with you because sleeping with you would be weird you know-" I rambled on nervously, getting more flustered by the second.

God, I was so dumb. This was such a bad idea! Erick chuckled and cut off my rambling.

"So basically you want to sleep with me, like beside me?"

I nodded enthusiastically. He grinned at me and motioned me inside. I sat on the side of the bed and started forming a border of pillows. Erick stared at me with his eyes twinkling.

"What are you doing?" he asked me mischeviously.

"Making a border. You stay on your side and I'll stay on mine"

"Yes ma'am" he answered trying to hold back his chuckle.

I glared at him and he quietened down. I laid down and tried to sleep but I just couldn't. I looked at Erick sheepishly and found him sound asleep. His hand lay across the border so maybe I could just...I slipped my hand into his and rubbed circles in his palm nervously.

In the morning I woke up feeling safe and comfortable. My head was rested on a soft surface and my hands were around someone's neck.

I shifted under the blankets and felt the heat of Erick beside me. I turned around and found him sleeping soundly while cuddling me.

I stared shamelessly at him and involuntarily a grin formed on my face. It was probably the most peaceful, innocent and vulnerable I had ever seen him.Should I move? I asked myself.

But he was just so comfy... I hope he didn't notice yet. Maybe I could just slip my hands out quietly and go back to my side.

He was just too huge for me to move so I decided to forget that idea. It's his fault as well for cuddling me back, but I did cuddle him first.

I tried to slip away quickly but his hands pulled me back and snuggled into my body while I just lay there surprised.

I decided to just try to sleep because what's the worst that could happen right? Right?

A/N - Did you like this chapterr? What's your favourite song? Also tysm for 5k viewsss like Omgg!!<3 I have also been really stressed and lazy about writing so that's why I didn't update soon :( But I am back now haha<3 Until next time besties :)

SHAWTY :3

xoxo