Chapter 15

Play the song above when I tell you to

"Woahh, steady. Where were you running off to?" questioned Caleb while steadying me.

"Um, nowheree"

I quickly answered and headed to my room. I found Blair still sleeping so I crept in quietly and headed to the bathroom My lips were still puffed up and my cheeks had a red blush tinted on them. I find myself rethinking the kiss and how good it felt...Did he enjoy it?

I questioned myself but that was one question I had no answer to. Erick had obviously been with many other girls so I wasn't sure if I could even compare to them..they all were probably more experienced compared to me.

I shook these thoughts out of my head and decided to pick out an outfit as today was the first day of working at Anthony Publishings.

I was so stoked that I got to do an internship there as it was such a huge opportunity for me. I chose to get dressed up in a white tee paired with a black coat and trousers and a black chic bag which I got as a gift for my birthday.

While combing my hair my eyes were drawn to the box which Erick made for me

My curiosity got the best of me as I opened the box and chose a letter to read.

I find it beautiful
How you had a blank canvas
And now it's covered
In your battles scars
They don't make you any less worthy
They depict how strong you are
Choosing to stay and fight
Your strength Athena is quite bizarre

(this is my own work so don't copy it)

I finished reading the poem with tears in my eyes. It was so...thoughtful. Blair shook me out of my thoughts by waking up and yawing loudly.

I told her that I would be heading out and grabbed an apple from the kitchen. Caleb offered to drop me off and I agreed as it would give us time to sort out the awkwardness.

Plus I had no other vehicle of transportation.

He apologized for what he said and I forgave him because it wasn't that big of a deal. I finally entered the huge white gleaming building with nerves eating me up. Anthony greeted me and helped me settle down.

I got my own office! Plus they offered FREE SNACKS!! He handed me two manuscripts to finish reading as soon as possible and if they were worth his time, forward them to him.

It was a simple enough task and the first book was so interesting that I didn't notice the time pass until someone knocked on the door to my office scaring me.

"Can I come in Miss" Erick teased me.

I nodded and he entered.

"Why are you here?"

"Um...I missed you so I planned something for us and came to take you with." he replied blushing.

"Like..a date?"

"Mhmm, would you like it to be one" he asked smirking.

"No, never mind" I said quickly to mess with him.

"Kidding kidding! Yes, like a date." he replied and stepped into my personal space.

I couldn't think with him so close to me. I shakily took two steps back but he moved even further in.

(Play the song now)

"So..what do you think?"

"I can't think with you so close"

I muttered but he heard me and moved his face closer to mine. I closed my eyes waiting for his soft lips to crash onto mine but it never came.

"Not yet, we have somewhere to be love" he smirked. Asshole. I pushed him away angrily and packed all my stuff. I ran out and got into the car before he could. When I looked at him, his eyes were crinkled and his face had a jolly smile. I could never get tired of him I thought.

He started driving with all his concentration on me instead of the road.

"Hey! Pay attention to the road" I barked out.

"But then I'll miss this beautiful view," he said gesturing towards me.

I giggled at his words.

"That was so...cheesy but cute"
I turned the radio on and started singing along. After a while, Erick joined me just as the next song started. It was Umrella by Ember Island.

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella

We both screamed in unison at the top of our lungs. Erick sang it with so much conviction in his voice, almost as if he was singing those words specifically to me.

His eyes sparkled and his cheekbones were even more prominent due to him laughing. I'll always remember this I thought. That moment soon became one of my most treasured ones. Erick finally parked the car and he opened my door.

"Always a gentleman I see"

"Of course Madame"

I gasped at the sight ahead of us. It was beautiful. Erick nodded as if agreeing with me and we sat down on the lush green grass.

"I always came here as a kid but then we moved and I couldn't come here anymore. You are the first person I ever brought here. And the last person I ever plan to bring here." he said squeezing my hand and grinning at me.

I nodded because I was scared that if I spoke, my voice would crack. Since when did this man become so caring. He laid down in my lap and I started to run my hands through his hair. It was so soft! I could definitely do this all day.

Erick groaned as I moved my hands around his hair. I had never heard him groan so that was definitely a first...His face held a peaceful expression as if he had no worries.

He looked many years younger without his smirk or stupid cute grin. I stared at him, wanting to look at him forever but he suddenly opened his eyes startling me and I looked like a deer caught in the headlights He sat up laughing and said between laughs, "Yo-Your face"

I pouted at that and turned away from him. "Loveee" he drew out and cupped my face in his hands. His hands were so smooth and warm. I leaned in to kiss him but before I could do that something hit my face, shocking me.

A/N - What happened??? Did you like this chapter? Please do vote, comment, and share your views :) My laptop is glitching so there's that :/ Hopefully, I can save enough for a new one :)) Updating the next chapter soon<3 Smile because you have a good one! *mwah*

SHAWTY :)

xoxo