Chapter 9

'We are all born so beautiful

'We are all born so beautiful. The greatest tragedy is being convinced we are not.' -Blair

All of our memories started hitting me again. The time I spilled ice cream on a worker's shirt and Blair had made fun of how clumsy I was for a week straight. The time when we both just lay under a tree's shade and joked about her getting a girlfriend.

The time she got me a locket which had 'brat' written on it, she brought it for me because of how ironic it was. The time she failed math and had to take summer school and I failed just so we could do it together and it was a way to get out of my house. When she won the race and gave me a bear hug while I felt gross as she was sweaty from the race and I started posting 'you stink' post-it notes all over her bag and locker ad notebooks as a joke and boy was it funny.

As I started more at her, more memories refreshed in my brain. It had to be a dream. It had to be! I looked around for a clock near me as I had heard that dreams didn't have clocks, I found one hanging above the couch. Oh no. Maybe the hack didn't work...? Blair looked at me and started laughing and I looked at her strangely with a frown between my eyebrows. "YOU CAN'T BE ALIVE. please leave me. Please." I yelled at her and it was now her turn to look at me strangely.

"That's just rude boo. I came back from the dead and this is how you greet me?" she said with her eyes looking tearful. I started screaming until someone stopped me by putting a hand over my mouth and shushing me down.

As I looked back at the person, it was Erick holding me and trying to calm me down. "She's dead Erick. HOW IS SHE HERE. SHE DIED AND LEFT ME ERICK." I screamed while he just looked at me with worry clouding his handsome features, his hands running through my hair softly and him whispering calming words to me.

After I finally calmed down, well how much I could calm down with my dead best friend sitting in front of me Caleb started explaining what happened and as he was explaining my heart raced with newfound adrenaline.

"On the day of the shooting Blair's twin sister was visiting her in the school, you didn't know her because she lived with her mom while Blair lived with her dad. Blair's twin sister died that day and her dad was crying because his daughter died. Blair didn't go to school for a long time because she went down in a downward spiral and had to go to therapy as her twin sister died. When I finally went to school I saw her and she explained it all to me." Caleb finished while looking anxiously at me.

Blair was alive! It wasn't a dream. She was alive. My best friend was alive! I freed my arms from Erick and tackled Blair into a bear hug squeezing the life out of her. "I know you missed me a lot and all because of how amazing I am but I am dying right now Athena." I chuckled and stopped hugging her as my life depended on it.

"Now you are just being rude Blairrrr," I told her while smirking. She shook her head while joining me in the laughter. "We are gonna leave you, ladies, to it and I am here if you need anything at all okay love?" Erick said while squeezing my hand and walking out.