Chapter 5

I saw the bag full of hoodies and leggings which were all really comfortable and that made me happy because I had fully expected him to buy short t-shirts and shorts but seemingly the man had more thoughtfulness in him than he let on. 

I went into the bathroom and almost gasped. I looked like death itself. The irony. While relaxing in the bath the thoughts and reality hit me all over again. I missed Blair and I couldn't even face myself knowing that I ran away while a helpless girl was just lying on the bed with my so-called father above her raping her.

 I didn't know for how long I stayed there in the bathtub but when I got out my skin was red. After I got out, I chose to wear a large yellow hoodie which looked really fluffy and soft. After I got dressed I brushed my teeth and combed my hair in a ponytail. I decided to look for a job seeing as I was staying with Caleb and my money would be safe plus I could buy groceries for him as that's the least I could do for him after he let me stay in his house.

 When I entered the living room, I saw Kurt chilling on the couch but then the rest of the room was empty. I entered the room where the voice was coming from and heard something strange. I heard Caleb saying I love you to someone. As I knocked on the door, he opened it quickly and looked almost embarrassed as if I caught him doing something wrong.

 I didn't ask him anything about what I heard because I didn't want to eavesdrop on his calls plus why did I even care? I asked him, "Soo Caleb I wanted to start looking for a job, I was wondering if you had a laptop or a computer I could use? I promise it'll only take a couple of minutes!". He tilted his head at me as if trying to figure me out. He said, "Yea...I do have a laptop but promise me that you will rest for a couple of days and then only start working".

 I promised him to that condition and was about to leave with his laptop when he held me back and smile sheepishly at me. Oh no, oh no, oh no. "Did something happen that I should know about...?" I asked. He finally opened his mouth to speak and said quickly in one breath," Nothing happened...but something will happen. I have a party next Sunday and my family will be visiting with all my friends and some other people." o...k? I didn't know what that had to do with me. I answered him by saying, "I can leave for a day if you want. Not a problem." 

I smiled at him but he still looked sheepish and said, "So uhm I kinda told everyone that someone would be joining us and that someone is you. if you don't want to I completely understand but I- I just thought maybe you know-" I cut him off by bursting out laughing. "God you are such a dumbass Caleb! I would love to attend it but we have one small problem. I don't have anything to wear," I said.

 It was true as he had saved me when I needed it the most and the least I could do is attend this party for him. He looked really relieved and said, "I already made the arrangements so no worries about that."We exchanged a few more words, and then I took my leave.

 After an hour of searching I finally found a decent job interview at a café named 'Moi et toi' which is French for 'me and you' plus they paid well and asked me to come for an interview next week. I was so excited! It finally felt like I was turning over a new leaf and Caleb had played a huge part in that but my mind was still plagued with my thoughts and past when I was left alone. The next few days went like this:

Wednesday - I cooked breakfast and lunch but Caleb was out for dinner so I just played with Kurt and went to sleep.

Thursday - I and Caleb went shopping for groceries and we watched a movie together and fell asleep on the couch while cuddling and when I woke up I was shocked to find his arms wrapped around my torso.

Friday - This was the day I was so over everything and had a mental breakdown in the bathroom because I couldn't find the toothpaste and Caleb had to calm me down and make sure I was okay.

Saturday - I and Caleb had a serious talk about my mental health and he suggested a therapist because I was still not over Blair's death and was suffering from PTSD.

And that brings us to Sunday, the day today. I had woken up pretty late as I was up all night because I had started getting nightmares and they didn't let me sleep properly. It was evening time and Caleb had finally shown me the dress he bought. It was breathtakingly beautiful in a rich red color though it was a little short for my liking I managed. 

After getting dressed I did my makeup which Caleb had bought for me, I went for a natural look with mascara, concealer, foundation, mascara, and a little lip gloss. When I looked at the mirror, a stunningly beautiful person looked back at me and I realized that it was my reflection. When I got out of my room, I almost gasped. 

The whole house was decorated in decorations and it looked even better than on any normal day. The decorators definitely outdid themselves. Caleb greeted me and then he took me to meet some people. My social anxiety went through the room so I slipped into the balcony and saw someone already standing there. When that someone turned, I was stunned. The man standing in front of me was easily the most handsome man I had laid my eyes on.

 With wavy black hair which fell on his forehead, soft full lips which definitely looked kissing worthy, dark brown eyes which strangely looked almost black and with his suit fit him like a glove in all the right place. Even while wearing heels, he easily stood above me at a height of 6'4 and looked like a god in all his glory.

 After checking him out shamelessly, I stood there silent and he spoke up, "Do you usually check out the people you stumble upon, or am I just an exception.". He smirked at me and I wanted to wipe it off his face and kick him where it hurt. I said, "Oh no, I wasn't checking you out, just wondering how much of an ass you would be." His smirk dropped and he looked at me with amusement clear in his eyes.

 He was about to speak up but I heard Caleb looking for me so I slipped back in. He introduced me to the 'squad'. The members included Alyvia, she had medium black hair with brown eyes and a love for crystals. she had a resting bitch face but turns out, it was just a mask. She was really sweet and we hit it off quickly. We had a lot in common as well and No, it didn't include a traumatic past, instead, we both shared a love of books and quickly got into a conversation about who our favorite author was. 

Next came Alexa and Cole, they both were standing far too close to be considered 'just friends but that's what they said they were and everyone laughed at them. Alexa had long hair with cat eyes and a figure to die for and Cole had blue eyes which shined like a diamond with a great sense of humor. They both were really great people and we became fast friends.

 Next came the one and only person who didn't like me and possibly hated me- Britney. I had tried to talk to her earlier in the evening but she just gave me a disgusted look and walked away. She was really pretty with blonde hair and a light tan on her skin but her personality was as sweet as salt. 

That left one person in the squad - Erick. He was Caleb's older brother and studying law to take over their company. When he finally showed up, my jaw dropped. It was the same beautiful man I had seen earlier on the balcony with an ego as big as the ocean. Actually, the ocean would even be too small. As soon as he joined us, Britney automatically latched herself to Erick and gave me the stink eye but I just shrugged and continued my conversation with Alyvia who was telling me about the healing powers of crystals which got me interested.

 When Caleb was about to introduce Erick and me, Erick said, "No need to brother. We have already met, haven't we princess?" Ugh, what kind of name even was 'princess'. As gorgeous as he was, he still made me want to barf with that big-ass ego. I snapped at him, "My name isn't princess, it's Athena you dumbass." He seemed to like my response and just chuckled.

 After everyone got done with dinner Caleb finally dropped the bomb on me, "My brother Erick is gonna be staying with us for some time as he has work in the next town and I offered him to stay here instead of in a hotel." I just shrugged and muttered okay. I entered my room and went straight to my bed as today had exhausted me but I did feel something I hadn't felt in a long time, I felt happy.

 After changing into a black tank top and white shorts, I climbed into bed as fell into a deep slumber. I saw that scene again. The girl laying there and her cries filled my ears. I started crying and muttered stop but the scene didn't stop.

 Someone shook me awake and wrapped me into their strong and firearms. I felt my stomach flip and electric tingles on my skin and my body getting filled with warmth. When I finally calmed down and looked up, I saw someone I didn't expect to see at all.