Chapter 4

When I gained consciousness again, I saw someone pressing a cold cloth to my forehead and a man in a white coat standing near him and hushed talking. Before I could say anything, sleep engulfed me and I fell asleep again.

 When I finally gained consciousness I woke up on a comfy cloud-like bed which made me want to sink back into my slumber. When I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a large spacious room with white walls and teal designs and a big bed right in the center of it.

As I tried to remember how I came here, I drew up a blank. Oh no, OH NO, what if someone raped me......or even worse!! - I hastily looked down and was relieved to see my clothes still on and no marks or any scratches so that wasn't the case. I tried to get up but my legs felt too weak. I finally stood swaying on my feet and took the support of the wall. Sunlight was still coming through the large open window in the room so I assumed it was still morning. With much effort I finally entered a large area which looked like a living room and in front of my eyes, I saw the most adorable sight front of my eyes.

 There stood Caleb with his back turned to me, he was wearing grey sweatpants and a loose white cotton shirt which was a little translucent and showed his well-defined muscles but the most surprising thing was that he was holding a little puppy which was licking his face and a laugh escaped his mouth. His laugh was like music to my ears. I don't know for how long I just stood staring at him like a creep.

 Caleb finally turned my way and said, "Oh hello sleeping beauty.". It made me blush and I stared at the floor like it was the most interesting thing in the world instead of replying to him like a normal person. I then proceeded to ask him something which had been troubling me since I woke up, "Um..how did I get here Caleb?" I asked as the last thing I remember was passing out, and then I suddenly woke up here. 

"After you so graciously decided to pass out yesterday just after attempting to kill yourself, I brought you here and called a doctor. He diagnosed you with mild anemia which meant that your body is deficient in iron so I got a diet plan and you'll be following it from today" he stated.

 He looked at me with confusion in his eyes, almost as if asking me why I did what I did but I beat him to asking anything and instead said, "Not that I am not thankful or anything but when can I leave?". 

He looked almost hurt for a second there or maybe I was imagining things. He said, "You aren't leaving until you get better and I wrote an application to the school as well that you had a family emergency and they were more than happy to comply Athena. You can stay here for as long as you like to be honest, seeing as I am bored all alone here with only Kurt to keep me company." Hold up, hold up, hold up, did I hear that right?

 Who was he to boss me around plus He was letting me stay here for as long as I wanted without anything in return? There HAD to be a catch, I thought to myself. I had so many questions going inside my head like about why he lived alone here, why he saved me, why he was helping me but I asked the one that was on the tip of my tongue, "Who's this Kurt you are talking about? Will I meet him?". He let out a deep throaty chuckle which did all kinda things to my stomach, and muttered, "Kurt is this little guy" holding up his little puppy who had been licking his face earlier.

 I cooed at the puppy, and asking him while smiling, "Can I hold him please?". Caleb nodded and handed Kurt to me, I watched in amazement as the little furball fixed himself in my lap and licked my hands. He was pure white with those big brown eyes full of life and a brown color stating his name -Kurt was fixed around his neck. I played with Kurt and didn't realize it yet, but I was finally genuinely smiling in a long time.

 "Why do you live alone in this big house? What about your parents Caleb?" I asked him.

 His smile immediately dropped at the mention of his parents but he regained his composure and answered me though he still seemed tense, "This is my house doll and I own it plus my parents live in New York while I wanted to get away for a while hence I joined the school.". Whattt!! I had many more questions now and seeing my curious gaze, Caleb shrugged and said, "It's only fair if you answer my questions and I'll answer yours. Nothing too intrusive I swear".