Chapter 12

There stood ten bodyguards dressed in all black with earpieces and black glasses on. We finally entered the black elegant mansion. It was beautiful to be exact.

Nica pressed her thumb at every door and they all slid open easily

Nica pressed her thumb at every door and they all slid open easily. We finally entered a large white room that was filled with different kinds of weapons.

Nica started teaching and when it was my turn Erick pulled my hand back and asked me, "Where do you think you are going?" "Umm to learn?" I answered confused.

"Oh no, you are funny thinking Nica was gonna be teaching you. I'll be the one teaching you love, not her. " he said while I stood open-mouthed staring at him. He closed my mouth gently and muttered, "Close your mouth, Athena. Don't want a fly going in there, do we now?" I quickly nodded and got into position.

Erick moved closer to me and positioned my hands and legs.

"Don't move. Relax your shoulders. Stay into position. Press the trigger as soon as the sight meets the target."

Instead of listening to him and focusing, all of my attention was directed towards how close he was standing.

He looked even more powerful and handsome when focusing and serious. His nose was scrunched up and his lips were set in a firm line. If he came even a little more closer, we would easily be kissing.

"You aren't paying attention, are you?" Erick asked me when he noticed I was too busy staring at him. "I am. I ammm." I said while completely lying. "Oh are you Athena?" he asked while coming even more closer.

His scent was intoxicating. Our closeness made me blush and his words had me flustered. He was about to lean in even more and I closed my eyes waiting for his soft lips but it never came.

Before he could kiss me Blair yelled, "Ow, CRAMPS!". Nica then helped get her a heating pad. Caleb was just staring at Erick and me with a blank expression on his face.

I suddenly felt really guilty and stepped away quickly from Erick. We all had some snacks and then headed home. As soon as we entered my eyes widened at what I saw.

The mansion was decorated with lights all around, looking like twinkling stars and the aroma of delicious food hit me. I looked accusingly at Caleb and Erick but before I could ask them anything Blair ushered me inside.

I changed into the dress we bought which was beautiful in a deep red color. Then Blair dolled me up.

When I looked into the mirror I gasped. I saw someone breathtakingly gorgeous looking back at me, when the shock wore off I realized that I was staring at my reflection.

 I saw someone breathtakingly gorgeous looking back at me, when the shock wore off I realized that I was staring at my reflection

I attacked Blair in a bear hug. She didn't make me unrecognizable, instead, she accentuated my features and made me realize that I was beautiful just like her.

We walked out and I was surprised at what I saw. There stood Erick, Caleb, Nica, Cole, Alexa, and Alyvia with a man who I didn't recognize as he had his back turned to me. When he finally turned I immediately recognized him.

He was THE Anthony Gray. He owned the biggest publishing house in the world and his books were just perfect. He was the surprise Caleb has in store for me.

We easily slipped into a conversation and he not so subtly hinted that I could start as an internship at Anthony Publishings. I was so happy that I almost attacked Caleb in a hug but refrained.

I would thank him later.

Towards the end of the night, Erick pulled me behind some trees and gave me a box. "I didn't know what to get you..so..Uhm. I made this for you," he said while rubbing his neck. I looked up at him and found him nervous and blushing. omg. THE Erick Gray was blushing?

"What's with the red tint on your face," I asked and he turned even a deeper shade of red. I opened the box and found eighteen letters.

They all looked so cute and colorful sprawled with Erick's messy yet experienced handwriting. "I wanted to help build your self-confidence so I wrote eighteen letters about each of your insecurities and they all contain a poem for each day. I am sorry if you don't like it." he said.

Before he could even speak another word I wrapped my arms around him with tears on the edges of my eyes.

"This is the best gift I have ever got. I love it. Thank you." Erick smiled and nodded.

We stayed there embracing each other. The moonlight shone on his face and accentuated his beauty.

When we finally got back to the party and sat down to have dinner I looked around my friends. These amazing people had been there for me and helped me so so much.

I decided at that moment to do my best to get better and try. Maybe not for me, but these people.

Realizing it may not be worth much but it was a huge step for me. When everyone finally left leaving me with Erick, Caleb, and Blair. We all decided to freshen up and meet in the living room to watch a movie.

I went to use the bathroom in my room but Blair had already occupied it. So I decided to change in the common bathroom of the house but as soon as I opened it my mouth dropped open.

There stood Caleb with his back to me with only a towel wrapped around his legs. His back muscles were popping out and his skin glistened with water droplets looking like crystals.

It was definitely a sight to see. Heat rose to my cheeks as I realized I was checking him out and immediately shut the door with a slam. He probably heard me.

As I stood outside the door with a breathless and flustered expression on my face Erick came along. He looked like he just got fresh out of the shower with his hair wet. He looked perfect, to be honest.

Why did he have to be so good-looking?? I looked like a drowned rat with my hair wet but he looked like a Greek god.

"Why are you just standing there," he asked me with a mischievous expression on his face. "Nothing, nothing. I did nothing! I didn't go in the bathroom I swear!" I told him while feeling extremely nervous.

I yelped when the bathroom door suddenly pushed open and ran away.  I entered the first door I saw and guess what? Surprise surprise.

It was a bathroom as well. I locked the door and decided to take a shower. I took a relaxing shower but when I looked around for clothes I found none except a large men's shirt and boxers.

I just shrugged and put them on. They looked extra huge on me but I didn't have any other choice as my dress was too difficult to get into. They smelt amazing as well. When I finally walked outside everyone's jaw dropped.

"What??" I asked but no one seemed to reply. Erick was the first to get out of his trace and just gave me a smirk while Caleb had steam blowing out of his ears. Not literally but you get the point.

We all started watching the movie but halfway through it Erick and Blair fell asleep so it left me and Caleb awake.

My stomach rumbled and Caleb noticed it. "Wanna get ice cream?" he asked and I quickly nodded. We got up and headed to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge and was shocked at what I saw. I looked at Caleb for confirmation and he just nodded a 'yes'.

A/N - What do you think she saw in the fridge?? Do you like the book so far?? I hope you enjoyed this chapter and stay tuned for more<3 Please vote and comment besties. Until next chapter mwah!

SHAWTY :)

xoxo