Damien (one-shot)

"How do I know this is an A paper?" The boy asks standing outside behind the school with Baz

"I'm an A student" Baz replies keeping an eye out so everyone who walks by doesn't notice them, "where's my money?"

"80 fucking bucks" he hands over the money, "if I don't get an A I'm kicking your ass."

While he's alone Baz fans out the money to count, as he's counting he feels a pair of eyes staring. Looking up from his hands Baz looks directly at the person, standing a distance away smoking his cigarette Damien doesn't avert his eyes or bother looking away, he wanted Baz to see him staring. Shoving the money in his pocket Baz walks away.

Ewan Basilton isn't a nerd but that doesn't make him popular, with not many friends and already an outcast for being the vice principal's son, Baz didn't know how else to get excitement in his life so selling papers gave him a leg up. No, he didn't need the money but he liked being needed for something, and he tries to never disappoint, well except his parents who'd never forgive him if they found out their son sold test answers and essays.

"There's a pretty good chance I just failed Jennings' test," Silver says sitting down in front of Baz during lunch

"What makes you say that?" He asks picking at his food

"Because the only thing I'm sure I got right is my name and the date, it's still Tuesday right?" They chuckle "anyway who cares if I fail I have bigger things to worry about"

"Speaking of that" Baz reaches in his pocket taking out money and handing it to her, "this should be enough to complete the rent for this month"

"Baz babe you have to stop" she pushes his hand away, "I can't keep taking your money I have to figure this out on my own."

"It's just money I don't want you to get kicked out" Silver stares at him and Baz hands it to her again, "just take it Sil seriously."

"This is the last time" she shoves the money in her bag

"No it's not" Baz shakes his head.

"And I'm gonna pay you all of it back"

"Hey, Sil! Let's go" they turn to find Silver's boyfriend Eddie standing waiting accompanied by Damien his best friend.

"Here's how you can pay me back, break up with that loser," Baz says quietly as she stands

Smiling silver replies "then what you'll date me?"

"I could," Baz says making her laugh

"Try conversion therapy first" she blows him a kiss then walks towards her boyfriend, Silver is Baz's only friend he'd do anything for her but too bad she's "popular" and he's not.

Being the only one who knows Silver's secret used to bother Baz, she'd parade around school pretending to be something she's not while she lives in an apartment she cannot afford. He likes that

she depends on him, Baz just wished that Silver didn't have to pretend for everyone else, and she's dating a guy who's notoriously disliked at school.

"I could say I'm surprised by some of your grades on this exam but that'd be a lie" the teacher speaks as he's handing out graded tests, "so because I'm nice and I know some of you can't afford to fail my class, I'll do a make up." Stopping when he's handing Damien his test the teacher adds, "if your grade is a 55 or lower definitely consider showing up for the make up test tomorrow." Damien stares at his 55 and sighs crumbling up the test at his desk.

When class ends he walks out, still stressed and already needing another cigarette he walks to his friends "what's up with you?" Eddie asks

as he's standing with his arm around Silver