Chapter 16

Do it! Just do it Baz, this isn't about you or her, it's about Damien and you need to know where he is. No one else can tell me besides Eddie, and since he'll never say 2 words to me, my best bet is to make Silver ask him for me.

Knowing her schedule as if it were my own, I wait outside her social studies class before lunch, when it's finally done everyone starts walking out and I don't see her until everyone's gone and she's the only one left still packing up. Walking in as the teacher leaves, the door shuts and we're alone. Throwing her bag over her shoulder, Silver doesn't see me until she turns

Looking around she realizes we're alone "hi," she smiles even though I'm maintaining a straight face.

"I need help and I can't really go to anyone else with this"

"Okay"

"That's the only reason I'm coming to you nothing else"

"I understand"

"Seriously I mean it this isn't me giving you another chance, or thinking about it. Me talking to you is purely circumstantial."

"I get it Baz," she puts her bag back on the desk. "What's going on?"

A week's worth of shit and I had to go through it alone, thank fuck I can finally divulge because I feel like I'm about to explode. "It's Damien I haven't seen him all week and his phone isn't working, I've been to his house and his car is there but no one answers the door. I'm really freaked out about it and I'm not really sure what to do."

"Ok um" after I finish talking she stops for a second and thinks, "well people were saying that he got jumped maybe he's just laying low somewhere."

"That rumor's fake he didn't get jumped"

"How do you know?"

"Because he wouldn't ignore me over a stupid fight! And why doesn't he have his car? His phone doesn't even work at all look," taking out my phone I dial his number like I've been doing the past week.

Putting it on speaker for Silver to hear the phone doesn't even ring, just the same fucking message, "the number you are trying to reach is not a working number, please check the number and dial again."

"Every fucking time!" I hang up, "no texts go through... nothing."

"Ok well don't panic we can figure this out, maybe we can go back to his house after school and ask a neighbor or something" silver suggests

"No that won't work"

"What else can we do?"

"Can you ask Eddie?" I finally ask

The expression on her face changes the second I say his name, "Baz I don't know..."

"Silver please I've been spiraling all week I need to know he's ok," I beg and she still isn't sure she wants to talk to him. "I'm asking you for this one thing Silver"

Shutting her eyes tight Silver takes a deep breath, "fine come on." Letting out a relieved sigh I watch her pick her bag back up and head for the door.

"What's the plan exactly?" I walk next to her as we head to the lunchroom

"We're gonna go ask Eddie... I make no promises he'll tell me anything, but if this means so much to you then, of course, I'll try." We walk into the door and she heads straight for his table with me behind her, when Eddie and his friends see us coming their talking and laughing stops.

With serious demeanors, Eddie and Silver stand in front of each other "what do you want Silver?" He doesn't even address me

"We're looking for Damien, where is he?"