Chapter 6

It's late and as I study for my Chem test my phone starts ringing, looking at the screen I see Damien FaceTiming me. "Fuck" I sigh not wanting to pick up, but I know what ignoring him gets me so I answer the call. The video loads until I see him sitting in the dark "hi"

"What are you doing right now?"

"Studying" I show him my desk with my textbook and notes

"Well stop for a little bit, I'm outside"

"Do you want to come in?"

"No, I want you to come out and go for a drive with me"

"Damien it's late I can't just go for a drive with you."

"Yes you can, get dressed and ask your parents if you can go out for an hour"

"No Damien,"

"Fine I'll come and ask them for you," he pulls his key out of the engine and opens the car door about to get out.

"Wait stop, stop! I'll be out in a couple of minutes..."

"That's what the fuck I thought" he smiles hanging up.

Putting on sweats, a hoodie, and sneakers, I grab my phone and wallet leaving my room going to my parent's room. Knocking I wait for one of them to answer and I walk in, "you guys mind if I go for a drive with Silver?"

"On a school night Ewan?" My dad asks "it's almost 11 pm"

"I know I just need an hour please"

"Let him go, honey, he had a fight with Silver they need to talk this out" my mom adds

"Fine one hour" he finally agrees

"Thanks," I walk out shutting the door.

Leaving I walk to the gate opening it, even though he was in the car when we were talking I find Damien outside the car waiting. "Come on get in"

"Where are we going?" I ask walking towards the passenger side

"Don't ask questions" getting in the car he drives off and I sit there admiring every second of this awkward silence. Is this really what he meant when he said going for a drive?

"You owe me a new bike tire"

Damien chuckles "do I though?"

"Yeah you fucking do"

He laughs some more "I'm fucking with you I'll get you a new tire for your precious bike."

After a quiet drive, he finally pulls into a parking lot and I turn to him once I see where we are. "Burritoland?" I ask

With a grin Damien nods "yes my favorite place on earth, let's go" he begins getting out of the car

"I already ate, Damien."

"This isn't for you" I watch as he walks ahead leaving me behind to hate my life. Putting my hood on I walk into Burritoland as he orders and find a booth in a corner to sit. The place is empty which makes sense, because what normal person eats a burrito at 11 pm?

After ordering he joins me and I stare at him "You're high aren't you?" Damien laughs and it all makes sense "of course... do you have any on you?" Reaching in his pants pocket he takes a handful of crap out and sifts through it all until he finds it. Handing me the oil pen I examine it "where'd you get this?"

"Don't ask questions Baz just take a hit it's good shit." Doing as he says I bring it to my lips pushing the button and taking a small pull. Handing it back as I blow out... we sit there across each other and it's kind of uncomfortable, because I find it so hard to look at him in the eyes and not fall for this dickhead more. "I figured out what your problem is" he starts

"I didn't know I had one"

"Yeah because the way you acted today was completely normal..." I deserved that bit of sarcasm. "You're just jealous Natalie and I fucked and we haven't," he's not wrong but that's not the whole truth.

"I'm not jealous"

"Are you saying you don't want to have sex with me?" He asks as the waitress walks overhearing the question

"Ok here is your food" she drops the burrito and drink in front of him, "enjoy" she walks away with an awkward smile.

Snorting the moment she walks away Damien laughs, "think she heard that?"

"This isn't about sex"

"Yes it is admit it," I'm gonna keep my mouth shut "I never said anything because I assumed you were a virgin and I don't have sex with virgins" holy fuck "you are a virgin right?" Don't answer that Baz! Pulling the strings on my hood I hide my face leaning forward until my head is touching the table. "You've never had sex with anyone?" He asks in disbelief "not even Silver?" I shake my head "Baz you don't have to be embarrassed" this isn't happening.

"I'm gonna walk into traffic," I say under my breath but Damien hears me and chuckles, as he starts eating his burrito I pick my head back up and ask "wait you don't have sex with virgins?"

"No" Damien shakes his head with a mouthful

"Why not?"

When he's done chewing he answers "virgins are clingy, and I don't need someone who won't leave me alone just because we had sex."

"That's a misconception about girls, am I a girl to you?"

"I don't know what misconception means."

"It doesn't matter, none of this matters because it's not about sex"

"So you're saying you're not jealous that I hooked up with Natalie"

"That's what I'm saying" I nod, "I don't know why I acted the way I did" yes I do, "it was weird and it won't happen again. You can hook up with anyone you want to"

"You too you know? If you wanted to find a guy and lose your virginity you could do it"

"That'd be ok with you?"

He shrugs "not my business" I knew it! I fucking knew my feelings were one-sided, no one who has feelings for someone else sends them to go have sex with random people. There's no way I'm ever going to tell Damien how I feel and tonight just proves that I shouldn't. I'll just keep my mouth shut and be as detached as he is, clearly unbothered by much, and meant it when he said I promise not to catch feelings.

"I know I fucked up your bike so if you want a ride to school tomorrow I can come get you."

"Thanks but it's probably best we never show up to school together, and I can get a ride from my dad so..."

"All right" he drives me back home and we sit in the car for a minute before I go in, "here" he reaches in his pocket pulling out the oil pen and handing it to me. "You look like you need it"

"Fuck off" I scoff taking it and he smiles, "night" I open the car door about to get out

"Night Baz" I hear him reply as I'm leaving.