Chapter 9

Hearing the doorbell I sigh relieved heading towards it, as soon as I open the door Silver gasps "oh my god!" Her jaw drops and she grins "you look so good Baz!"

"You too"

"Oh I know" she walks in, "if this dress doesn't get me the attention I want tonight I'm gonna set it on fire."

"Hurry and let's go before-"

"Picture time!" My mom walks to us holding her phone, "oh my god you guys look so cute get close"

"Mom we have to go we're going to be late" I roll my eyes annoyed, she's been doing this since I got dressed.

"Just one picture please it's not every day I get to see my son going to homecoming," yeah and it'll never happen again.

I know what you're thinking, why would I ever agree to Silver's stupid ass plan? It won't work and I'm just wasting my time, well it's not much of a waste when you have nothing but time, and I'm tired of sitting around I need to start making shit happen and this is how. At least that's how Silver put it when she explained her plan.

"Trust me there's no way Damien's gonna be ok with you hooking up with Georgia's brother" Silver starts as she drives us to school, "I mean what guy wouldn't have something to say?"

"Damien Allen" I answer, "he doesn't care about me Sil-"

"See I don't think that's true, I think he cares and he just doesn't know how to admit it"

"Wanna know what he said when I told him about tonight?" She nods and I relive the conversation

Couple days before homecoming

Sitting alone in chemistry lad working on my project, Damien texts me asking where I am, a few minutes after I reply he shows up. "What's up?" He asks

"Nothing working on my chemistry project for class tomorrow"

"What are you doing?" Damien stares confused watching as I work

"I'm growing crystals" I answer and he looks at me even more confused, "with these materials I'm using 3 methods to figure out the best way to recrystallize pure crystals." I explain and his eye glaze over "want to know the methods?"

"Fuck no" changing the topic Damien asks, "what time should I come over on Friday?"

"For what?"

"Round 4 of the tournament genius, it's this Friday remember?"

"Oh right... um I can't Friday"

"Why not?" Yeah, why not Baz?

"No reason I just can't"

"You can't tell me why?" Shaking my head I continue to work and Damien says, "whatever but if you don't play this Friday then you're out and we're so close" shrugging I pretend not to care. "Seriously Baz? What the fuck's going on with you?"

Just tell him! "I'm going to homecoming with Silver on Friday"

"Homecoming?" Damien asks "fuck are you going to that for?"

"Silver asked me to be her date and I said yes" it's kind of true

"Seriously Silver can go by herself it's not like she was gonna leave alone anyway"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I turn asking him

"Forget it, you're choosing a dumb dance over me and the tournament?" No, but I need to stand my ground and stop giving him whatever he wants. Not answering I focus on my crystals and Damien adds "fine then I'll play myself"