Ch. 4 - Colourful Encounters

The first sight to greet Stretch when he exited the mansion was a Blue scolding an embarrassed Fresh ... who was holding a split helmet and had a nasty bruise on his cheek bone. He wonders what happened.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!" Blue shouted. "WHAT ARE YOU TWO YEARS OLD!?"

Fresh actually snickered at that.

"THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!" He stomped his foot. "YOU COULD HAVE DIED! DO YOU HAVE ANY SENSE OF SELF PRESERVATION AT ALL!?!"

Oof. Blue was really laying into him. Must have been serious.

"what'd he do now?" Stretch ask, walking up with a lazy persona.

Blue gestured animatedly in indignation.

"HE FELL OFF THE BIKE AND GOT HIT BY A TRANSPORT TRUCK BECAUSE HE COULDN'T SIT STILL FOR FIVE. MINUTES! AND NOW HE'S ACTING LIKE IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!"

Stretch choked on his sucker.

"Look, boski." Fresh said exasperatedly. He did a twirl arms outstretched. "I'm totes fine. No need to bug out on me."

"YOUR SKULL WENT UNDER THE FRONT WHEELS!" Blue cried out.

Stretch looked at the broken helmet in a new light as Fresh set its pieces on the bike seat.

"Broski, I can totes replace your rad helmet later-"

"IT'S NOT THE HELMET I'M WORRIED ABOUT!" He glared walking over to him. "NOW LET ME HEAL YOU, YOU ABSOLUTE CHILD!"

Each attempt Blue made at removing the sunglasses to heal the bruise was dodged.

"YOUR" Dodge. "EYELIGHTS" Dodge. "CAN'T BE" Dodge. "THAT" Shortcut. "BAD!"

While the two were distracted the door opened and Red came out to stand beside Stretch.

"what's goin' on?" Red asked, watching the interaction. "other than this funker somehow messing with reality that is."

Stretch shifted the sucker in his teeth.

"he got run over by a transport truck and is refusing healing."

Red whistled (magically). "no shiz? he doesn't look like much. It's like a rainbow threw up on him or somethin'."

Stretch shrugged. "looks can be deceiving. just look at us judges."

Red hummed in understanding. "i guess i could lend a hand." He traced the edge of his golden tooth where his skull was cracked absently. "'s better than sittin' around watching that garbage on the tv anyway."

"... not too violently." Stretch cautioned.

Red grinned up at him. "no promises. here's the plan..."

***

Did Blue never tire or something? Not that Fresh was feeling any fatigue from casually dodging the shorter skeletons attempts either.

Sure it hurt when the truck hit him, but it wasn't like he would die and with the pain suppressant command in effect it wasn't that bad. But maybe Blue was onto something with his seeming lack of self-preservation. He'd be more careful in the future ... maybe.

How he managed to convince Blue to bail before the po-po showed, he could not remember.

He thinks he said something along the lines of 'I may be childish, but I'm not dumb.' Must have struck a chord or something, plus he knew they didn't want the police looking into the skeleton mansion.

Regardless, he could feel the injury starting to heal already. It was only a bruise at this point, rather than the crack there had also been when it was *wink* fresh.