Ch. 73 - A Slice Of Mundane

(A/N: changed Birtale for Outertale - forgot i had plans for that)

***

Fresh returned to the waking world by the sound of a default alarm going off, opening his sockets to a dark sky; the first stars of the night piercing the deep navy as the dimm pink of the sunset continued to recede. He fumbled a moment, turning the alarm off.

Sitting up a blanket that wasn't there before his nap fell from him. Looking around he saw no sign of furbies, or furby damages. He also noticed he had been left outside.

But he hadn't been left alone. In fact, there seemed to be an impromptu BBQ and campfire.

Blue and Stretch were playing guitar by the fire in a duet. Next to them Papyrus-Classic focused intently on cooking his marshmallows to perfection; Red watching his own burn and melt into the fire below; meanwhile a Horrortale Papyrus tsked at the state of Reds as he ate his own barely cooked one.

Black manned the grill, his Papyrus trying to sneak the BBQ sauce here and there only for it to return to Black via blue magic every time. Sans-Classic was star gazing from a lawn chair, next to him a Sans from Danctale joined the lawn chair club, watching his brother dance. Said Dancetale Papyrus was using sparklers with his dance with a star themed Papyrus from Outertale and Papercrane. A quick look around revealed the Sans from Outertale chilling in the air by the same tree Swapfell Papyrus had fallen out of earlier; And behind the tree lurked a Horrortale Sans sneaking up on him with a mischievous look as he reached up and tugged Outertale Sans leg getting a startled yelp.

Laughter and crackles of campfire held back the darkness of the approaching night. Just how things should be in such an AU.

Tiffa wandered through the crowd noticing the alarm that had woken Fresh. Though Fresh was sure some of the others also noticed but were pretending not too in order to give them the illusion of privacy. Even Black only glanced in his direction. Though Papercrane seemed thoroughly distracted by the sparklers; Fresh wondered why the skeleton was still there, not that he was displeased to have him there - the opposite in fact.

Tiffa raised an eyebrow at Fresh. "You sure you're getting enough sleep?"

Fresh shrugged. "I've a busy sched, yo." He stood up with a stretch before folding the blanket and placing it on the back of Dancetale Sans's lawn chair. "Things go radically well with clean up time I take it, brotato?"

Tiffa nodded. "Yeah ... as for the other affected AU's ..."

Fresh nodded back, having taken a peek before he had a nap at their condition and was currently comparing the difference she had made.

"Not much can be done there, broski. Ya did what ya could." He patted her shoulder consolingly.

And she really had done a good job considering the damage.

Just as Papercrane's Sparkler went out he noticed Fresh and smiled, waving the used wand.

"Fresh! You're awake!" Papercrane said. "Will you join the fun?"

"Sorry, PC-bro - can I call you PC? Imma call you PC." Fresh said. "Anywho, I can't stay for long, brolio." He saw the smile dim with a small 'Oh.' "... Tell ya what, bro, wanna come with when I go?" Fresh offered, tentatively. "There be some stuff I think you and me should chat on, bro slice. If ya be willin' ta tag along that be."

Rather than being happy at the offer, Papercrane - now PC for short - frowned as he considered the offer seriously.

"I- I am sorry, Fresh." He looked to the ground. "I can't stay anywhere too long. It leaves. I can't stay here forever either. It is a nice place and I don't want it to leave."