Ch. 35 - The UnaVOIDable

While Void was fussing- er, watching over Fresh, he noticed something troubling.

He wasn't getting updates like he should. If Fresh was injured? No pop up. If he changed AU? Void had to directly ask Higher Management; who luckily seemed to be becoming more willing to help as their processors warmed up and the Owner no doubt plotted something.

It was strange that they went active after all this time, and Void didn't think it was for Destiny or Fates sake this time.

The last time They had logged on, the whole Server needed a Reset. An entire multiverse set back to zero When Destiny's plan failed and Error never returned causing the multiverse to implode. This time though, he was left with his previous memories.

At first, he thought he may have been simply a mistake. Or that it was the Owners subtle message to be more active in the multiversal affairs. Perhaps to pick up the slack of the previous timeline and guide the younger deities to be kinder versions of themselves.

At least things aren't as strict as last time and Fate was even willing to give the Bad Sans a break once a month. They even have allies this time around! Things were still awful, but progress was progress.

It wasn't until recently that Void began to suspect things may not go as they once had.

The Hackers.

Sure, Hackers and Players were present during the first loop, but they were nothing to worry about. Hackers were actually fairly peaceful, trying to get a 'perfect' ending for some of the copies of AU's.

But this time, they seemed to shift into something more ... malicious.

What caused the shift? And was this what the Owner reapered to deal with? It seemed likely. Especially given the message he had received via Fresh's code.

<i have edited a few strings of code in the hope it helps make him more functional. good luck! :D>

And as you know - yes you, the reader, don't think he can't see you peeking over that Wall - Void created Refresh, er, 'Fresh' to help deal with those said Hackers. Fresh didn't exist the last time.

Clearly something big has happened that wasn't meant to occur if the Owner is pulling some strings, but he doesn't want to risk deleting chunks of data by trying to sift through code to find out - that never went well. Being an absence had its drawbacks. Over several melania and he still hasn't quite got the handle on that.

But regardless, Fresh was out there and Void wasn't getting updates. It was worrying. Some of those Hackers had really fallen from the kindness they had usually exhibited.

Once again he wondered; what had caused it? UnderHacked was advertised for Hackers to be a Game to be everyone's genuine friend.

... right?

So why were they now treating it like a concurring Game?

***

Back in the Alpha Timeline ...

"I'm out. I like my design. Night." Spiffy said, logging out.

Their character disappeared leaving a small green pixel effect. It was barely noticeable. Must be where they'll appear when they log back on. Fresh is sure that'll be funny for the household.

The other skeletons looked surprised.

"Traitor!" Fresh called, hoping they'd hear through Snasy's speakers.

"WHERE DID THEY GO?" Blue asked concerned.

"Back to their wacky multiverse, bro-dude." Fresh answered. "No need to fret. They're safe, yo."