Chapter twenty

A mild spring day made its way to Seoul's uptown apartments. Many had opened their windows, some had even gone outside instead of using the complex's luxury gym. But, some chose to remain as they would if they were in the midst of a storm. Especially those on holiday.

Jisoo's day had been relatively boring. Strangely enough, going from an insanely busy schedule to nothing was quite the change. With no child or Jennie to occupy her, the woman had even gone as far to clean her own house to qualm her mind. The only reason she had stopped was to take a phone call.

Expecting it to be work related, the actress had picked up without checking, "Yes?"

"Hi, Soo... It's me."

"Rosie?" Jisoo's eyes widened, "Hi! How are you?"

Annie had not even been conceived the last time Rosie and Jisoo had called. Surreality was a complete understatement. Before, calling up Rosie would have just been a mundane solution for laziness, but now it felt as foreign as the Himalayas.

"Fine, fine..."

Even through a phone, Jisoo could clearly tell that the ice cream lady was not fine, "Is everything alright with Jennie over there? I can come look after her if you want."

"No, no, Jennie's fine, don't worry," Rosie took in a breath, "I just didn't know who else to call."

"About what," Jisoo flopped down onto the couch, ready for some much needed gossip.

"Well," Jisoo knew Rosie must be looking anywhere but straight ahead, "It's about Lisa."

"Lisa?" Jisoo repeated, "Did she try to get you to do one of those stupid photo shoots again?"

Lisa had been obsessed with seeing women naked for a while. She had even tried to get her friends to PSE for her for a while. For Jisoo, her attempts had been thwarted by a hit across the head. Kind and sweet, Rosie had let Lisa bug her with it to the point she grew insecure. Then Jisoo had hit the photographer on the head again.

"No! God, could you imagine?" Rosie sighed, muttering something about Jennie under her breath, "She uh, made sone claims about you and Jennie."

Jisoo tensed a little. Throughout her single years, no one had been more supportive to her through the split than Lisa. She had been there through thick and thin, and was her crutch and ladder to sanctuary. But, the way Lisa had brushed Jennie and even Rosie out without a second thought. Not to mention, no executive had ever mentioned Lisa once when it came to it. Undeniably, this was all suspicious to the actress.

"What did she say?" Jisoo asked.

"I... goodness this is hard..."

"Take your time," Jisoo soothed, "I've got nowhere else to be."

"Yeah," Rosie collected herself before continuing, "Lisa said... She said that you and Jennie needed to be broken a part again."

"What?" Jisoo felt herself straighten, "Rosie, what does she mean? Again?"

"Come on Jisoo..."

''Come on?" Jisoo nearly laughed, chanting the conversation immediately, "She's my best friend, Rosie, this is a bit out of left field."

"You love each other, you and Jennie," Jisoo could feel the eye roll, "I saw you in the park, you can't lie to me."

"Yes, that was a lovely day with you all, we all got on so well," Jisoo had treasured every second with Jennie, but saw no reason to give that away.